Recent content by Dragonkeep

  1. Dragonkeep

    Bilateral TKR Bubbles BTKR 9 November 2015

    I know when I was working with the PT, he was adamant about my gait issues. In the decade prior to my knee replacements for OA, I would come down on the outside of my foot, rolling it in, just to cut down on the pain on the knees, ease my weight down on them. Mark, my PT, insisted that I stand...
  2. Dragonkeep

    Revision TKR HELP - 16 months out and in pain<

    Webbie73, I called my machine an elliptical too but it was the NuStep. It worked perfectly. I posted a photo of it on my post-surgery account.
  3. Dragonkeep

    TKR Osteoarthritis and Hospital stay after surgery

    There is a lot of talk about the elliptical trainers. I didn't know the name of trainer in rehab but found a picture of it. It seemed to do a good job for me without causing a lot of pain. It was run with 0 resistance so it was easy enough to push the pedals. The seat went all the way back...
  4. Dragonkeep

    TKR Osteoarthritis and Hospital stay after surgery

    My knee Charlie, I was there from Monday to the second Wednesday days: the first was a half day and involved mostly meeting and talking with the administrator and the facility doctor. The last day was a courtesy to me since our place is an 75 mile round trip and my appointment with my surgeon...
  5. Dragonkeep

    TKR Osteoarthritis and Hospital stay after surgery

    Celle, Love your kitties! I have a baker's dozen and a family of 5 feral white kitties. Mine are neutered but I need to catch the "White" family and get them fixed as well. I don't mind them here as long as they are healthy and not producing more babies. I have a lot of land so there is...
  6. Dragonkeep

    TKR Osteoarthritis and Hospital stay after surgery

    Ah, rehab. Monday, Sept 28th, I arrived on a stretcher in the back of a van around 12:30pm. The rest of the afternoon was spent with interviews with admin and doctor in charge of the place. The room was big and the staff brought in a second bed for Steve when he spent the night. The rooms...
  7. Dragonkeep

    TKR Osteoarthritis and Hospital stay after surgery

    Thanks, Celle, for the reading list. Very helpful stuff. Slainte, you may have been in classes with my husband - he was at UF long ago as well. He took Fortran and WhatIV programming languages then. Were you still doing programs on punch cards?
  8. Dragonkeep

    TKR Osteoarthritis and Hospital stay after surgery

    Hi all, I've had osteoarthritis in both knees for at least 20 years, had my left knee's cartilage cleaned up about 19 years ago, was going to have the right knee done as well but we moved and life interfered with those plans. We had a house built, my job (Univ of FL) funding went away and I...
  9. Dragonkeep

    Revision TKR HELP - 16 months out and in pain<

    Congrats on such a speedy recovery. Remember to be kind to yourself, and don't judge too harshly on your off days.
  10. Dragonkeep

    TKR Josephine's 2nd knee story - short version

    Thanks for your story. I just had my left knee replaced on 24 Sept 2015. It went so smoothly that at 2 weeks out I asked my surgeon if we could do my other (really bad) knee sometime in November. I'll see him for follow up next week and find out what the verdict is. It has been a revelation...
  11. Dragonkeep

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    LTKR - 13 days, at surgeon's office Staple removal - day 13 5 weeks from surgery
Back
Top Bottom