Recent content by Doula1st

  1. D

    Flying after surgery

    I agree, I actually just flew from Seattle to Salt Lake City (not a long flight) for my revision. I did book first class coming back (I stayed 9 days after surgery) and I was fine. My OS said no problem, I constantly moved my leg and did ankle rolls. Also he had me on Aspirin. I did get...
  2. D

    MUA Stiff Knee

    Yes, absolutely!!
  3. D

    TKR TKR Revision - Arthrofibrosis

    So sorry your husband is going through this. I know all too well how miserable arthrofibrosis is. I just recently had a partial revision and clean up the scar tissue mess. I highly recommend you look for the list of Surgeons specializing in arthrofibrosis on this site or an arthrofibrosis...
  4. D

    Names of Surgeons, knee used (hardware) and why??

    I know every person and every knee is different. I can tell you that I researched very thoroughly who my surgeon would be (low infection rates, positive outcomes, and highly recommended in my area), HOWEVER....he chose a Smith and Nephew Journey cruciate retaining system for active knees and was...
  5. D

    MUA Stiff Knee

    Update. I went to Salt Lake City and saw Dr. Paulos :) My knee was a mess! I was at 20 degrees of extension (could not walk normally since it would not straighten) and flexion was 80ish. Constant pain. I flew from Seattle to Utah to do my partial revision on April 25th. I had tons of scar...
  6. D

    MUA Stiff Knee

    So, I have struggled significantly with this knee replacement. Full knee replacement was 8/15/17 and MUA was 10/30/17. PT 2-3 times a week. I saw my surgeon today who said unfortunately I have a continued "Stiff knee". It is still quite painful and I still take hydrocodone around the clock. He...
  7. D

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    Celle, I like your surgeons theory, especially if it works!
  8. D

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    Thank you Kayow11. I will keep reading all these yo gain some insight. There are 2 different philosophies on recovery and it makes it very confusing and a little rebellious to think about going against the "mainstream" thinking.
  9. D

    MUA Stiff Knee

    Sure, I would be happy to.
  10. D

    MUA Stiff Knee

    My PT is thinking there may be adhesions. She has been more gentle on my knee the last 2 visits also.
  11. D

    TKR 4 months out

    My PT does this too. I really do think that most are trained to do this. Its very troubling that we have to feel like a "bad patient" if we refuse to let them.
  12. D

    MUA Stiff Knee

    Wow, thank you all so much!! What an excellent forum with so many caring, helpful people. Thank you, thank you, thank you. The reason I believe I may have adhesions, is when I reach right around 90 degrees, it is a solid stop, like hitting a brick wall.
  13. D

    MUA Stiff Knee

    Thank you Doegirl for your response.
  14. D

    MUA Stiff Knee

    Hi, my name is Teri, I have read many post but this is my first time posting. I had my Left knee replaced on Aug 15 this year, I am about 9 weeks post-op. I have not had an easy recovery. Going into the surgery, I thought to myself that I would breeze right through the recovery (I am 54 and...
Back
Top Bottom