Recent content by DOUBLE TKR

  1. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    Pupkin, I can't remember how to find my thread. It's been a while since I posted and I looked all over the place. How do I add my own thread?
  2. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    This was the result of x-rays of both my knees in June 2019, which was one year after bi-lat TKR. It is now two years out and my right knee effusion is always present. It does not inhibit ROM or activity. I haven't had my ROM measured in over a year, but I can ride a bike, do some squats, and...
  3. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    I still hear the Bonesmart angel sitting on my shoulder whispering that it takes a long time to totally heal from knee replacement surgery -- and longer if you had both knees replaced at the same time! My surgery was 6/4/2018. I am just over 13 months out and I am doing pretty darn well. I...
  4. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR Confused on PT pushing<

    I haven't read every single response, but I had bi-lat TKR June 4, 2018, and have barely gotten to 90 ROM so far. I am still going to PT 2X/week, but happily, my PTs always say it's my recovery, and they don't push. They want ME to push, but I follow BoneSmart's advice and don't overdo. I am 14...
  5. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    @Jockette, bummer on the struggle you are having. When you say something didn't go well, what does that mean? Have I told all you administrators who have responded to me that I love you? :) You are the angels on my shoulders (both shoulders) whispering good things to me. I saw my surgeon two...
  6. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    Week eleven. Finally made it upstairs to sleep in my own bed. have to do some hip action to get up and even more to get down, but it was wonderful to get back upstairs. Finally got back to our local YMCA to resume upper-body resistance maintenance with some Nu Step movement included for my...
  7. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    Well, this is a bit dumb of me. I ended up posting a question for me on someone else's recovery thread! I figured out how to go back and delete it. is MUA ever good to do? No one is suggesting that for me, but shouldn't I have improved a little bit more over the last month or so -- somewhere...
  8. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    Oops. I just deleted a message I meant for my own thread! Apologies.
  9. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    @hhaze, I am jealous at your ROM! I am in week ten and I have not improved at all much past 70. I also have had extremely sensitive skin, and while it is finally diminishing, it is not gone. As I told my spouse, when a cat's tail accidentally brushes against either of my knees, it feels like...
  10. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    I am beginning week 10 after a BTKR and my flexion is still in the 70s! My BoneSmart guides have repeatedly told me to BE PATIENT and that it's totally within the realm of normal that I experience a lot of stiffness at this point and if I do too much, my knees look like melons (a little...
  11. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    Is there any place in particular to share stuff we've learned that may help people preparing for knee replacement? For instance, I didn't know I needed a toilet riser with two arms. I had purchased a toilet riser from Amazon that was just a riser and didn't realize until I was in the hospital...
  12. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    The funny thing about the head of the PT team telling me stiffness for at least 12 weeks is normal is that it relieved me. I don't know why I am uptight and worried about ROM, except that, as I said, it seems to me I haven't progressed with flexion at all. My knee is just plain tight and not...
  13. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    Knees2, it's a mental challenge, isn't it? I come to BoneSmart for reassurance that nothing is 'wrong' with my knees. I will feel better if I could perceive ANY more flexibility than I am experiencing! I am lucky in that I don't experience pain at night, but I do take my Tramadol and...
  14. DOUBLE TKR

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    Beginning week 9. I saw my surgeon two weeks ago and I was prepared to hear him tell me I needed to try harder, or something, since my ROM hadn't improved at all (and still hasn't) since my knees were about 70. I walked in with a cane and sat in the chair with my knees bent slightly. When he...
  15. DOUBLE TKR

    TKR Babette's Recovery Thread

    Come to this site and your thread frequently and read every single article in the list of links from sistersinhim. I am 7 weeks in from bi-lateral TKR and find this support group extremely reassuring and helpful -- especially for those times when you're not sure you're progressing "correctly." I...
Back
Top Bottom