Recent content by dnordo220

  1. dnordo220

    THR Hip #2 17 months later

    Almost 6 months! Feeling great, I’ve become a jogger. I ran a 5k last week and it was amazing. I love my new hips ! I’m so happy I bought that treadmill, it really helped me with my walking. Recovery can be hard in the beginning, but it’s so worth it. Listen to your body and take your time...
  2. dnordo220

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    @Hotchocolate chicken ! I’m dying. That’s so funny, and true. As I’m eating my salad and chicken for meal #1.
  3. dnordo220

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    @Solar7 one of the fitness coaches I follow in one of my programs, always says “Abs are made in the kitchen” I follow an amazing meal and fitness program all online through Facebook. I’m not going to name it here, but it’s been the easiest and best plan I have ever followed, both in price and...
  4. dnordo220

    THR Ouch!

    @cairistiona60 hope you feel better real soon. You cracked me up reading this! I hope you get relief soon. Drinks water, lots of water. That helped me. It also helped with reducing swelling. Keep us posted.
  5. dnordo220

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    @ThrInOntario I don’t let my new hips dictate my age. I’m doing almost everything I did 10 yrs ago, 20 yrs ago, maybe doing more activity. More quality activity. That’s what keeps me going. I agree with @Layla , you have a lot of years ahead of you. Now the work thing, I agree, I’ve been...
  6. dnordo220

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    @Solar7 I workout 45 min. - 1 hr a day usually. 6 days a week. I’ve been building up my stamina week over week. I am a month behind you. One rule I have is if I can’t do the regular, exercise, I modify. For example, I’m not doing side planks. I’ll do something else instead. I’ve been...
  7. dnordo220

    THR Hip #2 17 months later

    Thank you @Layla
  8. dnordo220

    THR Dislocated Hip Replacement

    Oh. I’m so sorry. I hope you’re doing well. Take it easy. My 1st hip last year dislocated early on and it was probably the worst thing I have endured, even worse than my c-sections. I had ptsd for many, many months. When I was at the dr for my 4 week for this 2nd hip, a woman was there...
  9. dnordo220

    THR Nick's Hip

    @marlowtech great post and perspective. I had both hips replaced, for my 2nd one, walking on the treadmill, slowly, helped me with the limp/gait. The hand rails were very supportive.
  10. dnordo220

    THR Hip #2 17 months later

    Happy new year ! I survived vacation with 19 people and too much libations. Thank you to everyone that helped me with my journey, or shared your journey. Wishing everyone much health and wellness for your days to come. I most likely won’t be on here as much, but hope to pop in to see how...
  11. dnordo220

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    Happy New Year, good luck to your with your procedure.
  12. dnordo220

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    Merry Christmas! Sounds like you are doing well! There’s still a few things I can’t do at 10 weeks. All of a sudden, boom. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. My hubby keeps reminding me of that. Have a happy new year.
  13. dnordo220

    THR Hip #2 17 months later

    @Kritterkiddo that’s hilarious
  14. dnordo220

    THR Hip #2 17 months later

    Right? I’m downsizing to kitten or block heel. I’ll keep a few for show too.
  15. dnordo220

    THR Hip #2 17 months later

    @djklaugh I get that. I get vertigo from time to time. But I’m all in for fashion. I wore 4 inch heels tonight with my holiday outfit. Luckily I sat most of the night. But my silver sparkly pumps were fire . I did bring sneakers and left wearing them.
Back
Top Bottom