Recent content by DK63

  1. DK63

    THR 15 September Right joins Left

    How about 4 year prose?? Nearly 4 years later Since I became a double hippy Went on an organised Park run And boy was I zippy. 204 people on the run Supposedly for fun 5 kilometres was the test I gave it my best 52 mins it took walking fast Have to say I wasn't last Two fake hips and I'm 70...
  2. DK63

    THR 15 September Right joins Left

    Two years ago on this very day I became bionic Number two hip was done It had been hurting something chronic Bashing in a new bit Made of titanium I believe And hopefully after years of pain Suffering it would relieve After two years of walking sticks And some days stuck in a chair Hopes...
  3. DK63

    THR Val’s Recovery

    Hi Essex Girl/Val. I had hip no 2 done in Essex....and had to fight and argue for the ice in hospital but got it in the end...and, yep, it's good. I did not see Andy Murray there but I am sure he was also an NHS patient. Good luck with the fizzio terrorist. I found them to be very pushy but...
  4. DK63

    THR Hippie Chick’s Recovery Journey

    Hi @Hippie Chick I am a year now and depending what I am doing will still experience some swelling especially sitting too long....and I certainly had some swelling for at least the first 4 months.
  5. DK63

    THR 15 September Right joins Left

    So what was I doing Sept 15 2022 I was in hospital getting hip number two So it's been a year today But is it hip, hip hooray? Before the op was stuck in a chair And couldn't go anywhere Had needed sticks for over two years So necessity for op outweighed my fears The first month went quite...
  6. DK63

    THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

    Hi Surrey Girl. Just to say that you may not need a laxative if the World Cup Final goes to penalties.
  7. DK63

    THR 15 September Right joins Left

    10 months on and here's a story Please don't panic, nothing gory, Just about a day I have had Pretty good, nothing bad. It's about a visit to Flatford Mill 8 miles round trip fairly flat no great hills It's where the artist Constable painted First time we went I nearly fainted. Was on sticks...
  8. DK63

    THR 15 September Right joins Left

    Thank you @Mojo33 to take the time To send me a message in a rhyme And to all the mods on here To help us along with merry cheer @myglasshalffull thanks for your support, much appreciated... Dean
  9. DK63

    THR 15 September Right joins Left

    Well that's 9 and a half months now And I have some news Walked on sand on a lovely beach Without my hip getting the blues Did one hour of aquaym Every single day And my next bit of news Will have you saying "no way". So aquabike I have done For an hour non stop And despite my reticence...
  10. DK63

    THR Ldm right hip replacement recovery

    Hi @Ldm380 ....hang in there. Were you at Rivers again and was the breakfast the same as 2018?
  11. DK63

    THR 15 September Right joins Left

    Thank you @myglasshalffull and I will use my half full glass to raise a toast to you and hopefully remembering not to do the thing we had forgotten we can't do..... @CricketHip exactly so...I was furious that I did it ....I shall take more care in any future romantic embraces or gardening...
  12. DK63

    THR 15 September Right joins Left

    Thank you @Jaycey ...the last time took 3 to 4 days so hopefully will be OK very shortly. I will eventually learn but complacency seems to tag along with confidence....
  13. DK63

    THR 15 September Right joins Left

    Hi @CricketHip I would like to say that I hurt my hip in a passionate wild amorous embrace but sadly....that would be untrue. What happened was I went to pick something up from the floor and had my torso going in one direction and twisted hip in the other direction as saw something else on the...
  14. DK63

    THR 15 September Right joins Left

    8 months done so how's it going? I've dug the garden and done the mowing Climbed high up on a ladder Without my hip getting even badder Putting on socks still can't do Can sometimes tie my shoe But for those I don't really care Slip on shoes and my feet are bare Glutes and muscles still need...
  15. DK63

    THR 7 weeks and feeling miserable

    Hello @HipsAreForLife I didn't do the exercises you are talking about when I was a professional footballer (soccer player). You may want to remove the number in front of the 0 so instead of 10 bridges or 20 clamshells, maybe 0 bridges and 0 clamshells. For my first new hip, Mr Lefty, 2...
Back
Top Bottom