@TinAB , I had a bad skiing accident in 2014 resulting in a nasty fracture of my right femur and 4 vertebrae. I had the same internal fixation IM rod as you and was non weight bearing for 12 weeks. I followed this guideline to a T as I too was worried of shortening of the leg. It turns out...
@Xsbank At the 12 month mark is where I finally felt normal and was able to go about my day pain free. This surgery is truely a full year recovery. It seems like you are making great progress. Keep up the positive attitude and outlook.
Have a great weekend.
I have had elbow pain for approx 5+ years and last fall (Oct 2023) I had a transhumaral debridment with Otter Bridge Kasiwagi procrdure to clean out the joint. Unfortunately, this surgery did nothing to resolve the locking, snapping and pain that I have been experiencing. A recent MRI has shown...
@Xsbank I can relate with the travel experiences that you endured. Not fun at the best of times but post BTKR is much more of a challenge. It took me a good couple days to recover post travel but once I was past 2 weeks post op things rapidly improved.
It would appear that you have a great...
@Ginger9708 Have a look back at my past story and you will see that I had gotten a second opinion from a surgeon a significant distance from my hometown.
Do your research and find a surgeon that will be compasionate to your situation. I was led down the wrong path of "your too young, you won't...
@Jsin182 I had my BTKR in a hospital that was a 17 hour drive or 2 flights from my hometown. I was scheduled to stay 5 nights in hospital if needed but Physio signed me off on day 2 and I was discharged on day 3.
@bmillerhanna As others have said Physio will have you doing steps before your discharge. I have a bilevel home with 6 steps up/down to each level and managed fairly well even after a 9 hour day to get home (taxi and 2 flights).
@jakemedic Hello and welcome. Assuming by your avatar that you are a medic? I had BTKR 09-2021 so I encourage you to have a look at my story. Knee replacement surgery certainly has its ups and downs in the recovery process but I can honestly say it was the best and most rewarding surgery I have...
@June Lands Thanks for posting your success with BTKR. I too had BTKR surgery 09/2021 and cannot be happier with the outcome. I can do everything I want to do including downhill skiing with zero pain. After 5 years of suffering with knee pain I have my life back.
Knowing that there are people...
@Iski Congrats on getting back on the slopes and doing what you love to do. Isn't this the reason we have replacement surgery. My BTKR was life changing and I know first hand just how satisfying it is to get back on the slopes.
Good luck with continued success in your recovery.
Wow you are doing great. Your ROM is pretty impressive this early on. Continue to rest and ice and try not to push yourself too hard. Looks like everything is falling into place nicely.
Take care and all the best with continued success.
Well skiing is done for the year and skis are put away but boy am I glad that I had the chance to get out a few times to end the season. I have tried to add a short clip of my very first turns post BTKR but for whatever reason it won't accept the formats I am using.
However, I am looking so...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.