Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

I am in total agreement with @mendogal!

I'm wondering what your surgeon says about the extension lag?
 
I am now just about 7 months since my surgery.
I can sleep a bit better now without any help, I can walk up stairs no problem but going down hurts and going downhill hurts still.
After standing at my volunteer job I am sore for the rest of the day.
Whenever I stand I am still and sore for a short bit before I can wander off. Then I am good.
I can put on my own socks and pretty much walk about as much as I want, as long as I have a place to sit occasionally. I occasionally use walking poles but no cane.
I play 9 holes of golf with a cart and I could probably walk it except I need to sit, hence the cart.
I am still taking Tylenol but have cut that way back. None so far, today.
I also go to the gym because an annoying thing I discovered in my pre-op process is that I have "Stable coronary heart disease" which means it is controlled with drugs. That is a nuisance because when I worked as a pilot I got annual ECGs which were all stellar. That's what 10 years of steadily declining knees has done. I don't get angina.
I go to the gym twice a week on a heart program and my knees last just long enough for the hour I go.
I can now get myself on and off the floor, previously I had not been able todo that for about a year!
My scars are tight and complain when I kneel but I'm happy that I can actually kneel!
Neither of my gnees are completely straight yet but they are definitely improving.
Snakes and ladders!
I saw the surgeon late August and he said I was doing just fine, I should expect up to a year in total.
5 more months to go...
 
You are doing very well! All those things will continue to improve, most likely, throughout your second year post op, too, mine did. Thanks for the update. :flwrysmile:
 
That's some fine progress! The still bothersome stuff is really normal at this stage.
 
It is great to hear how well you are doing! You can look forward to more healing as time goes by.
 
Happy (almost) Seven Month Anniversary, Xsbank!
Nice update, you're making great progress. Thanks for taking the time to stop by, it's good to hear from you.
I hope you have a lovely weekend!
@Xsbank
 
@Xsbank At the 12 month mark is where I finally felt normal and was able to go about my day pain free. This surgery is truely a full year recovery. It seems like you are making great progress. Keep up the positive attitude and outlook.
Have a great weekend.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom