Recent content by DixieHip

  1. DixieHip

    TKR Made it to the other side LTKR

    10 day post surg- Have had several days of hip and thigh muscle spasms. I can't seem to get comfortable anywhere for long. I get up and move around often, just short walks in the house. Sleep is erratic, up most of the night one night and then sleeping most of the day. Slept really good from...
  2. DixieHip

    TKR Made it to the other side LTKR

    Another fairly good day, day 5 post surgery. Mostly working on my sloth skills. Getting in and out of bed a bit better, thank-you for the tip @Teri59! Struggling with constipation and trying different things to relieve it. Still using a walker to get around. Taking pain medicine regularly and...
  3. DixieHip

    TKR Sooz Bionic Knee Journey

    Glad you're not feeling so blue and got to get outside a bit! Great job, it's not always easy to keep pushing when you are feeling down. yay for you!
  4. DixieHip

    TKR Teri59 Pearl is her name.

    I'm so happy you are doing so well Teri! Whatever you are doing is working. :wow:
  5. DixieHip

    TKR Made it to the other side LTKR

    Thank-you @sooz58 and @Teri59! I had a good day today. I'm taking Lortab every 4 hours, icing and elevating and even felt like eating a little something today. My wonderful husband bought me a lift to stand recliner today which feels like heaven and I was able to be up all day with a nap this...
  6. DixieHip

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    I found cutting a pool noodle and slipping it over my walker handle helped. I elevate with the ice machine on my knee and a heating pad to my low back/hip area reduces my muscle spasms. Honestly, I left the hospital early due to poor pain management, I felt like one total blimp of pain. Once...
  7. DixieHip

    TKR Made it to the other side LTKR

    @Celle I do have tramadol which I was taking pre-op for the arthritis pain, and this intense surgical pain doesn't last forever. With elevation and icing I have had much less pain today. I'm also not stressing about how to get through 6 hours before I can get some relief. My pain level is...
  8. DixieHip

    TKR Made it to the other side LTKR

    I got home from the hospital yesterday. They wanted me to stay another day but I was insistent. I was at the same ortho hospital where I was for my hip surgery, that was a pleasant experience. My TKR hospitalization was very unpleasant. I knew I would have more pain this time and was...
  9. DixieHip

    TKR Made it to the other side LTKR

    Happy my surgery was about 11:30 today. All went well. I had a spinal block and general anesthesia. Was in a room by3:30. No side effects from anesthesia other than itching, which I always have with anesthesia. Benadryl helps a bit. So far pain has been 0. I have a catheter in, a drain...
  10. DixieHip

    Time's Ticking down to the date of my TKR surgery.

    Ok, going to try again tomorrow! Hopefully the UTI is cleared up after a week of Cipro. I've been a basket of nerves today. I took the day off to make sure I had all ready for recovery, but now I wish I would have worked. Don't have to be at the surgical center until 10:00, so have time to...
  11. DixieHip

    TKR Teri59 Pearl is her name.

    So glad all went well for you!
  12. DixieHip

    Time's Ticking down to the date of my TKR surgery.

    My TKR has been postponed until the 19th, I have a UTI
  13. DixieHip

    Bilateral TKR

    Good luck tomorrow!
  14. DixieHip

    Time's Ticking down to the date of my TKR surgery.

    @Celle, this is what I plan. My surgeon filled out my leave info and expected return was listed as 4 months. I plan to just see how I'm doing, if I'm able to return earlier I will, if not, I won't. I think my boss will be supportive regardless. I went back at 4 weeks after my hip surgery...
  15. DixieHip

    Time's Ticking down to the date of my TKR surgery.

    @Roy Gardiner , I am a social worker in a large nursing home. A lot of desk work, but I also walk about 2 miles a day at work. I really hope to return to work, for at least half days, by 8 weeks. I hope that isn't terribly unrealistic. My boss would like me back at 2 weeks, haha.
Back
Top Bottom