Recent content by Dhall

  1. D

    THR Dhall's Recovery Thread

    I will definitely wait a few months before I start PT for lower body strengthening. I have walked with a cane for over 5 years, so I was weak anyway. Since I was told 5 years ago that it was NOT my hip causing the pain, I assumed it was the low back. Since the THR I have had hardly any low back...
  2. D

    THR Dhall's Recovery Thread

    I am now 18 days post op. No pain at all. I have not had a pain pill in 2 weeks. I realize now that all of my pain was from my arthritic hip. I blamed it on my low back! Since the THR my pain was so minimal I could not believe it. The day I was 14 days post op, I went Christmas shopping with my...
  3. D

    THR Dhall's Recovery Thread

    @Layla I am now almost 3 weeks post op. I have not had a pain pill in over two weeks! No PT, as I had a problem at first with them. I walk a lot and in fact went Christmas shopping with my husband last Monday. That was exactly 2 weeks post op. I owe my success to a great surgeon and ALL of the...
  4. D

    THR Dhall's Recovery Thread

    @Mojo333 I am doing great. Thank you for the cute holiday emoji.
  5. D

    THR Dhall's Recovery Thread

    Today is day 8 post op. I must say that the surgery was so much easier than I had anticipated. My pain has been minimal compared to before surgery. I can "feel" the post op pain but it is nothing compared to before! Let me tell you of my experience with PT. My Dr asked me to have at least a...
  6. D

    THR Nervous

    Did the pain in your groin go away right after surgery? It is awful! My surgery is Monday the 25th. Just 2 days and I am as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. I hope you are doing well by now.
  7. D

    THR Groin pain

    Is it normal to have really bad pain in the groin? Almost down to my knee. The groin pain is worse than the actual hip pain. Has anyone else experienced this? I can hardly walk. Surgery is next Monday, Nov. 25th. I am very nervous but in too much pain to cancel.
  8. D

    THR Groin pain

    Monday is getting so close and I am so nervous. I think because of my age, I worry that the THR will not "take" and leave me where I cannot walk. At 81, the old bones just are not like the young ones. I am having so much pain in my groin! Is this normal? I can hardly walk and when I do, it is...
  9. D

    THR My 5 month post op

    Did you like having the epidural block? That is what my OS will be using. Was the surgery better or worse than you had anticipated? Better, I hope. Good luck on your recovery. :)
  10. D

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    That does sound better. I thought they had kicked you to the curb! As I said, here in Texas that is not allowed. I hope you have continued good luck on your THR. :)
  11. D

    A little bit nervous.

    Good luck on your surgery. November 5th is not too far away.I think this forum is wonderful. It has eased some of my fears and given me great information. I bought two ice bags and I know I will need them. :)
  12. D

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    @Layla What is a Lounge Doctor? I saw you mention it to ceezee in a prior post. Also, what does ODIC mean?
  13. D

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    If your THR was work comp, you should be collecting a check from them every week. Did you have an Attorney? If not, I would hire one. They work on a contingency basis. If you don't get anything, they don't get anything. They can't fire you for a work comp injury in Texas. I don't know about...
  14. D

    A little bit nervous.

    My OS told me I would be glued together! No staples or stitches. He did say that I could sleep on my unaffected side with a pillow between my legs. I don't know if I will have an Anterior or Posterier incision. If it is posterier, they assured me that they do not cut the muscles but rather move...
  15. D

    A little bit nervous.

    I think this is a great idea. I will try the bedside commode. Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom