Recent content by den70chev

  1. den70chev

    Bilateral TKR BTKR is the way to go

    Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I last posted. I just want to let everyone know it's been 2 1/2 months since my surgery. No cane or walker. Walking a little slower than normal but when needed I can strut with the best of them. My rehab center calls me me their poster child for BTKR. From...
  2. den70chev

    Bilateral TKR

    You will do fine. Do some pre op exercises. This will help afterwards. Make sure you talk to your nurse and get your pain meds before you have pain especially before rehab. Don't overdo yourself. It takes time. If you push to hard you will only hurt yourself. I remember telling my PT on...
  3. den70chev

    Bilateral TKR April 7 is the big day.

    I know it's been awhile since my last post so I'd like to give everyone a little history and update. On Apr 7th I had my surgery BTKR. Two days after the surgery I was moved to the in hospital rehab unit only because of the BTKR. A great place. My own room with flat screen TV and my own...
  4. den70chev

    Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

    On a positive note.....I had BKTR on Apr 7th. Yesterday my PT helped me walk the basement stairs. A little painful but once I got up stairs I felt great with little pain. I always take a pain pill before PT. Today I took some mail to the mail box and once I got outside and the weather was so...
  5. den70chev

    Bilateral TKR April 7 is the big day.

    Two weeks ago today I had my surgery. Spent 13 days in the hospital rehab unit. The only reason I was allowed to be there was the BKTR. If I only had one done I would have been sent home in 4 days to do in home therapy. A nice suggestion I received from my PT was to have my wife bring the...
  6. den70chev

    Bilateral TKR April 7 is the big day.

    Everyday seems to get a little better. Knees still hurt but the pain in manageable. Thanks for the support. Let's see if I remembered correctly, Ice, elevate, rest and medicate. Trying to stay positive helps. Today I meet a couple of therapy DOGS. Yes dogs. They come around and love to be...
  7. den70chev

    Bilateral TKR April 7 is the big day.

    Good days and bad. Over the past few days of PT i realized that that there is very little coordination between the the scheduling of pain drugs and PT. I'm on a 4 hr drug plan rather than "as Needed". Yesterday I had kind of a mini meltdown. To much pain during PT. I had a nice long talk...
  8. den70chev

    Bilateral TKR April 7 is the big day.

    Day 1 of post op rehab at the . everything is great until I move. It takes some time to get the meds straight. I was asigned a PT and a OT tech today who worked over my body today. Can someone help me get all my post op stuff in one spot. I want to post daily updates but I can never...
  9. den70chev

    2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    Day 1 post op rehab. I was assigned a OT and a PT tech today. They each took turns beating me up. It takes a little time to get your meds straightened out but once they are in place one can relax. Did some exercises, some walking. learned how to take my shoes and pants on and off. It's tough...
  10. den70chev

    2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    I'm officially "on the other side". The OS said both knees needed to be done. I was glad to hear that. The operation went smooth. Post op was a little shaky. Did not sleep well. Too much noise. I guess the hospital is not the best place to get any rest. Yesterday they moved me to a more...
  11. den70chev

    Bilateral TKR April 7 is the big day.

    I'm posting for my husband. His surgery didn't start until 2:30 and he is now back in his room. Doctor said both knees were bad and it was good that he had them done at the same time. He's feeling no pain. He had an epidural and some other medicine. Now he's getting dilaudid and is chatting...
  12. den70chev

    Bilateral TKR April 7 is the big day.

    Did I miss something.....surgury on Thursday and home on Saturday!!!!!! That's amazing.
  13. den70chev

    Bilateral TKR April 7 is the big day.

    Just getting things set up for the"other side". I'm sure it will be a couple of days before I can post any news. Not to proficient with new type computers. Keep those prayers coming. And to all THANK YOU.
Back
Top Bottom