Recent content by DEL2019Sep-7

  1. D

    THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

    So glad you found him @CricketHip ! He sounds like just what you need. And I do agree that what works for one doesn't necessairly work for another. Yes, the anterior/posterior rotation is a common scenario. And discovering the imbalances, i.e. inhibited, weak, dominant, antagonists/agonists...
  2. D

    THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

    @CricketHip, what 3 exercises did your PT give you?
  3. D

    THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

    @CricketHip ! Yes, Mother Nature can sure play some tricks on us when we come into the world. What I find interesting is that despite my LLD (my daughter has the same problem), we are both really fast/good runners. Well, I'm not so much now, obviously LOL. Maybe a blessing in disguise. Torn...
  4. D

    THR A Hip Recover Story

    @Layla Freeway in Seattle is an oxymoron. Most of the time the speed is 10 MPH. LOL And, fortunately, if traffic does happen to move faster, I'm only on it for a short while before I turn off to my destination. I will be very careful! Thanks! @Barbaraj How I love farmers' markets! The perfect...
  5. D

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    Aloha Marvin! As someone who has had her share of injuries and other issues (cancer), massage has helped me when nothing else could. Human touch can be so very healing... :prayer::angel:
  6. D

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    I've been reading through your thread and can see you are, like so many are, what I would call a "sensitive." You are over the top intune with every nuance your body presents. I'm very much like that. It was one of the ways I "felt" the presence of the two cancers I had. However, I've learned to...
  7. D

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Taking my Saturday to catch up on individual threads. Reading through yours, I am SMILING! You sound like a slow and steady kind of gal, which seems to be working for you. What a great boss you have! How nice to be able to work closer to home, hopefully, adding things to your current job that...
  8. D

    THR A Hip Recover Story

    :wow: Finally, a beautiful sunny day in the Seattle area. The NW drizzles can sometimes give me the drizzles, particularly if I'm locked up due to surgery. Help...let me out! :sos: I shouldn't complain. My daughter texted me to see if I wanted to get out this morning and she would drive me to...
  9. D

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    You sound like your recovery is progressing nicely and you're pretty much back in action, until October when you have your RTHR. So nice to hear, especially since you have such a demanding job. I haven't done much swimming lately, but it's one of the best non-weight bearing exercises there is...
  10. D

    THR pain meds at day 6 post thr

    I'm just now at almost one month post surgery and beginning to sleep on non-op side with a pillow between my leg. And pleasantly surprised to find myself rolling over last night to my op side with no discomfort. I could only do it for awhile as it did begin to get a little sore around the...
  11. D

    THR Sugar Monkey is back home with the new hip

    I can relate to (as can most of us here, I'm sure) being apprehensive about doing any kind of movement that might jeopardize our new hip. When I'm with our dogs, one of which is a yellow lab and quite excitable, I am extra cautious about keeping her super gyrating body away from my hip. Kinda...
  12. D

    THR Struggle has been real!!!

    You have really had a time with it. One thing after another, but your attitude remains positive, something to be admired. I do hope it's that pesky IT band that's giving you some grief (that can be resolved with the right kind of massage to it and surrounding muscles; quads and hamstrings)...
  13. D

    THR Let's make it a matched set!

    @gertie You got it! It's amazing what we can do while taking a spin around the grocery store, standing in lines at the bank, washing dishes, etc. I'm big into functionality. When I was younger I was a major weight lifter, tennis player, aerobics, etc. I have found as I have gotten older...
  14. D

    THR Let's make it a matched set!

    @gertie Might I suggest pole dancing!? :heehee: Just kidding! One exercise I've incorporated into my daily routine the last few years is standing on one leg while I'm brushing my teeth. Seriously, this way it's built into my day and it really does help me with my balance. The last thing we...
  15. D

    THR A Hip Recover Story

    LOLOL:rotfl: Barbara, you crack me up. We think so much alike! Although, I don't think anybody has ever called me "demure." :loll: But yes, it will be good to see them, watch them play, and to celebrate Jack's 94th BDay. Wow...what a long life. And he's such a love-bug. Just received a call...
Back
Top Bottom