Recent content by DebStew

  1. DebStew

    Bilateral TKR DebStew is Off and Running!

    Thank you, Pumpkin! I was on the preop forum, and found all this info so very useful - unfortunately, it seems many folks in my profession (flight attendant) are coming up on this decision, and I tell them ALL about this site!!! It really helped me wrap my head around the whole process. I...
  2. DebStew

    Bilateral TKR DebStew is Off and Running!

    Well, today is my 5 week mark after my bilateral knee replacement, and I am thrilled beyond, both with my new knees and my progress thus far! I feel like I have so much to share in terms of encouragement to those who are "on the fence" about doing this - it's been one of my biggest challenges...
  3. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    Also, @vinny and @Maggie94 , I thought I did good getting a polar cube on ebay for $30 - about to buy the pads and v connector - was it not helpful at all, or is it just personal preference?
  4. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    Oh gosh, all....getting so nervous -bought stuff for the rehab in the brightest colors I could find - question: are your legs swollen all the way to the hip? I bought the sweat-shorts slightly loose but not super loose...now hoping I'll be able to get them on. And what about shoes - are your...
  5. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    Well, 7 days before the twins arrive! @Maggie94, I have names, though I will have to see which is which after the surgery -- Kneedle Dum and Kneedle Dee!!! Having trouble sleeping, worrying about details to take care of before I leave home for 2 weeks, and just trying to wrap my mind around...
  6. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    @TexasTee ,I hear ya. It was the best thing I could find to loosen up my knees a few months back, when that was still possible. DANG I'm ready for them to be fixed! Do you have a routine you like, or are you just so advanced you go with what feels good at the time? Oh, and hey, my friends have...
  7. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    Thanks, @TexasTee! I was just wondering if you thought they'd be helpful and useful for recovery. Yes, he kinda makes me nuts, doing it over and over again.."...bluh, if I can get the words out...." LOL
  8. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    @Maggie94, not sure what happened to the epistle reply I just thought I posted to you, but I'll try to consolidate this time - heh. THANKS SO MUCH for info I can really sink my.....er....knees into! Have now backed up to all seating, and think the sofa could work. A friend who had a lateral...
  9. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    @PuppyLove , hey neighbor! Thanks, I won't bother with that pedaler thingie, then. Just trying to get my ducks in a row, though it's hard to get out and shop at present - is this weather nuts, or what? Had to resked my preop testing last Wed, and almost did it for Friday (today), but at last...
  10. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    Barbara ~ You sound like just the kind of woman I want to be! Thanks so much for the encouragement. I hope it's ok to keep in touch with you -- I'm looking for the kind of mindset you have. I am doing this to keep super active and to get back as much as possible! I can totally see how one...
  11. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    Thanks, @Maggie94 -- is that forever? I know we can eventually kneel, but child's pose is a whole other animal! How are YOU this day? Where are you now? 5 weeks?
  12. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    @TexasTee, the if you search Chaz Rough Yoga for Knees you'll find what I've been doing - I'm pretty sure tree pose isn't gonna happen anytime soon!! LOL! But now can you? The other burning question for me is, I hear all the time "you won't be able to do any more than you did before the...
  13. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    @TexasTee, word on the street is that you have been practicing yoga since pretty early on? I'd love to hear how that has gone.....
  14. DebStew

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    Vinny - if one has questions here, do they post it in their thread? How do you reach folks if they aren't following you - I mean, how would they even see the question? Thanks. Having a bit of trouble figuring it out....
  15. DebStew

    Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

    @Maggie94 , Thank you SO MUCH! Your girls are sure lookin' pretty for only being 4 weeks! I posted on my thread about yoga, have you heard or seen anything about that on here with anyone? And did you actually post that you were PAIN FREE at your tender dates in recovery! I wanna be JUST LIKE...
Back
Top Bottom