Recent content by debbo14

  1. D

    TKR debbo14 recovery thread

    Hi Josephine, yes those leg raises are what I mean and also sitting in a chair and straightening out the knee. Apologies for not replying to your other post. I appreciate your expertise.
  2. D

    TKR debbo14 recovery thread

    Thanks Pumkin, yes it’s only 5 weeks out so very early! I won’t be doing too much too soon, I am just elated to be feeling good again! Love these forums they are so helpful! Thanks again everyone.:happydance:
  3. D

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    Hi all! I have just come back from my 6 week X-ray and app with surgeon. (Even though it’s only 5 weeks!) He was very happy with everything I could do apart from the lifting straight out in front. I need to build up my wasted quads! I am in disbelief that I have come this far ( sometimes I used...
  4. D

    TKR debbo14 recovery thread

    Hi all! I have just come back from my 6 week X-ray and app with surgeon. (Even though it’s only 5 weeks!) He was very happy with everything I could do apart from the lifting straight out in front. I need to build up my wasted quads! I am in disbelief that I have come this far ( sometimes I used...
  5. D

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    You are on your way!! Thinking of you. It does get better (I’m 5weeks in) Rest up.
  6. D

    TKR 12 months and Strong

    Hi everyone, it seems like everyone is doing well with the occasional setbacks, so well done!I am surprised that our system in Australia does not seem to be as full on as UK or US as far a measuring progress etc. it is great to hear of the little victories you are all having! I have pulled right...
  7. D

    TKR debbo14 recovery thread

    Hi Josephine ok I’ll try my best! 1. More discomfort than pain. Maybe 1 2. I only take paracetamol if it starts to feel tight or swollen ( if I do too much) 3. Moderately swollen 4. Don’t know as we don’t measure in Australia. It can flex right back like my other (good) knee and almost...
  8. D

    TKR debbo14 recovery thread

    Hi Divadeb! Sounds like you’ve been through a lot! I’m in Australia BTW. We don’t seem to do all the measuring that others seem to do. My surgeon and Physio just look at how far I can bend and flex( and from the beginning it’s actually been pretty good!) and say great you’re doing awesome keep...
  9. D

    Welcome to the October Feisties' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    :wave:Wow thank you!! I look forward to catching up with how others are going! Glad to be here
  10. D

    TKR debbo14 recovery thread

    Yes for sure! Any advice gratefully accepted!
  11. D

    TKR debbo14 recovery thread

    Hi all, I’m finding it hard to know what is too much exercise and not enough each day! I’m 4 weeks out, I do the exercises 3x a day and am now walking outside for 10 mins a day. I seem to be also lazing around a lot. How much is too much of each? Cheers
  12. D

    TKR debbo14 recovery thread

    Hi all, I’m new here, 4 weeks in. TKR on 9th October 2018.
Back
Top Bottom