BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the October Feisties' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by bottomshollow, Nov 1, 2018.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!

BS 10 Oct.jpg

[​IMG]

You are now an Honor Graduate [​IMG] from your pre-op days! You've entered the recovery phase of your replacement journey to that place called “Normal”, and you are now eligible to be a [​IMG] Recovery Club member.

Pre-op surgery team members are automatically recovery team members. If you were not on the pre-op list, please join your fellow travelers in this month’s post-op club by requesting your name and surgery date be added to the roster.

Being a team member will allow you to share your [​IMG] questions, concerns, and experiences; give one another [​IMG] support and encouragement; [​IMG] vent, whine, and [​IMG] shed some tears, if necessary; and have some [​IMG] fun and laughs together. (Please do the above in one another’s recovery threads. And if you find your fun and laughs taking over an individual thread, toss them over to the Social Room to keep your recovery thread on target.)

Recovery is a long journey [​IMG] made shorter and easier when made with [​IMG] fellow travelers. So, start you membership in this special club today by requesting that your name and surgery date be added to the list!

[​IMG]

01 October 2018 bubblesfl, schpooko
    02 October 2018 Bismitmom1, ThumperJB, crhdeh, Spindiva
    03 October 2018 smtava
    04 October 2018 Mom2Lucy, razy (bilateral), LeeApril26, Instar2, KneeCarer
    08 October 2018 shells35 (partial to total), Tux, PaulaSell, Madbkseller (2nd stage revision)
    09 October 2018 D2ens5, tk07080 (bilateral), debbo14
    10 October 2018 Larryhg3, kafkaesk
    11 October 2018 beachy
    12 October 2018 ridgw003 (partial to total)
    15 October 2018 Neehutchy (bilateral)NanaBeach (partial), Lefty57, scs, Redr, forbesy
    16 October 2018 mommaD18, MissViv18 (bilateral), AZRocker, Cinski
    17 October 2018 patjshaz (partial), Whome08, Feggie
    18 October 2018 Txmomgmom3
    20 October 2018 maximummy, Harli B
    22 October 2018 Tutu12 (bilateral), agilitymom (revision), hegel, Scully
    23 October 2018 AnnieB, EdiePA (partial), Arty_Pantz, KathyO23, Nannie
    24 October 2018 Smurph, Wncretired
    25 October 2018 tarajenni (partial), Stefny, mjhandle, silkies3, JodiA145
    29 October 2018 SueWStrong (revision), BeesKnees!, scruffydog, arizonaone(2nd stage revision), Reynards
    30 October 2018 Gingercat, Dionne
    31 October 2018 gecko, karmo, joek (partial), texasjeri

• Like Like x 2
  2. arizonaone

arizonaone member

arizonaone. October 29, 2018. ( not sure if I’m already on this list. If so, I apologize for the redundancy.

3. bottomshollow

@arizonaone, yes, you are on the list---no apology needed.

4. Feggie

Feggie junior member

Please add me to the October Feisties List. Oct. 17, 2018 TKR

• Like Like x 2
  5. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @Feggie, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

6. forbesy

forbesy Sr Bonesmartie

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep better put my name up in lights October 15th

• Like Like x 1
  7. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @forbesy, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

8. Feggie

Feggie junior member

Glad to share with other October TKR folks. Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing.

9. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @Harli B, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

10. Spindiva

Spindiva new member

I’m new to this. I’m abit lost at the process. Please add me to this list. I had my left knee replaced on oct 2, 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @Spindiva, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

12. tk07080

tk07080 junior member

Please add me to the list. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @tk07080, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

14. Mizd57

Mizd57 new member

Oct 22nd plz add me to the list. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  15. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @Mizd57, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

16. Feggie

Feggie junior member

Yesterday I was in the Emergency Room with a massive itchy rash on my torso, front and back. I was diagnosed with severe allergic reaction, and given a cortisone shot and prednisone and two antihistamines. I was advised to see an allergist to see what I am allergic to. I went off codeine 4 days ago, as I suspected it was causing the rash, which was mild at first. No new drugs or foods. I am sensitive to costume jewelry. Is it possible I may have nickel allergy to the knee replacement? I have seen many cases documented online. Now I am concerned about this most uncomfortable situation. Anyone have any experiences with rash after TKR?

17. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @debbo14, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

• Like Like x 1
  18. debbo14

debbo14 new member

Australia Australia
    :wave:Wow thank you!! I look forward to catching up with how others are going!
    Glad to be here

19. Reynards

Reynards new member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can I be added to the list please. I had my tkr on 29th October. Thank you. Everything seems to be going well. Had my clips out today. Despite doing exercises, the knee seems really stiff on occasions and I’m using ice packs regularly to try to reduce the swelling so I can exercise more freely. Any tips greatfully received!!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  20. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @Reynards, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.