Recent content by Dcm1241

  1. D

    TKR hopeful about nickel free TKA

    I am also allergic to nickel and had a similar journey with my hip (revision). Can you tell me how the Smith and Nephew knee is working out for you and who your surgeon is? Thanks!
  2. D

    Revision TKR TKR Revision scheduled for 1/17/2024

    Interesting. I am thinking if seeing him for a hip metal allergy issue. What are you allergic to? Mine issue is Nickel.
  3. D

    THR Custom Coated Hip Implant, due to metal sensitivity

    Has anyone had a custom made ceramic coated femoral stem used in their hip replacement because of metal hypersensitivity? If so which doctor did you use? I think they may have to be specially approved by the FDA in the United States. Thank you.
  4. D

    THR THR GONE WRONG - 10 months and no diagnosis - need help

    Has anyone had a custom made ceramic coated femoral stem used in their hip replacement because of metal hypersensitivity? If so which doctor did you use? I think they may have to be specially approved by the FDA in the United States. Thank you.
  5. D

    THR THR GONE WRONG - 10 months and no diagnosis - need help

    Susan G. I am experiencing the exact same issues as you after hip replacement. I am allergic to Nickel and Vanadium. Did you ever get any answers for relief? It seems that there are a lot of hypoallergenic options for knee replacements but not so much for hips.
  6. D

    THR Custom Coated Hip Implant, due to metal sensitivity

    Hello, in June 2021 I had a hip replacement with a cemented stainless-steel stem. At 3 months I began to experience unrelenting pain and inflammation around the implant. X-rays, MRI and bone scan were all negative for issues with the implant at that time. Also, my recent blood tests showed no...
  7. D

    Revision THR Psoas release recovery

    Yes I had a revision on the left, which was going fairly well. I had that in May 2022. But it resulted in hip snapping and so I chose to have the Psoas release 7 weeks ago. The Psoas release is really messing with my SI joint. I am way worse off and should have stuck with the painful...
  8. D

    Revision THR Psoas release recovery

    Hello, I had a hip replacement in April and then Psoas release about six weeks ago. In spite of PT I feel so unbalanced and have incredible pain weight bearing that moves around in glutes, IT, TFL, and SI joint. I am not seeing improvement in spite of my efforts and was curious if anyone else...
  9. D

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    SaraK I had Psoas release 6 weeks ago and am having a tough time particularly with walking. So much pain that moves from glutes to IT band, TFL, SI joint etc. the whole side just feels week and unbalanced. Can I ask how long it took for you to get over the compensation/atrophy issues?
  10. D

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    I recently had a Psoas release and am finding it to be a difficult recovery. Lots of glute and SI joint pain. Mine was a full release. For anyone that has this surgery, did you have any symptoms like this? I know other muscles need to compensate but this is more than I bargained for at the...
  11. D

    THR Pain after THR

    Was your release a full tendon release or partial? How is your flexor strength now?
  12. D

    Hypoallergenic hip stem

    Hello I am allergic to Nickel and Vanadium and need a hip revision for the stem. My current stem is stainless steel and contains significant nickel. Does anyone know of a titanium alloy stem that does not contain Vanadium? I have read that some titanium is made with Niobium instead of Vanadium?
  13. D

    THR Nickel Allergy?

    Did you ever revise you hip due to Nickel allergy?
  14. D

    Hypoallergenic hip stem

    Thanks I was at a good PT for quite some time. But that doesn’t mean it’s not a muscle issue. Sometimes I also feel pain in my femur bone area as well. Just feels like the whole area is reacting for back of better description. Burning sensation around incision, tenderness around front of upper...
Back
Top Bottom