Recent content by Dawgster

  1. D

    TKR Question about misalignment

    I will try to get a copy of my xray.
  2. D

    TKR Question about misalignment

    Chattering - I think what he meant is it is loose enough for him to feel the instability when he does his physical exam.
  3. D

    TKR Question about misalignment

    I had my left knee replaced 5½ years ago. Nine months later I had scar tissue that was broken up while walking in a grocery store - my surgeon wouldn't see me for 4 months because they were booked up. I finally was desperate enough to get a second opinion. It was determined that my knee was...
  4. D

    Conformis TKR

    I am merely relating my experience in which I have two different implants to directly compare and have made no comment whatsoever on what others may have experienced. Furthermore, I made no comment on stability or performance although I could have. I merely stated what my preference was...
  5. D

    Conformis TKR

    I have a Triathlon Stryker in one knee and a Zimmer in the other, 2 different surgeons of equal skill and experience. I preferred the Zimmer from day one, it didn't feel strange, runs through the same range of motion without feeling like it is starting to bind and it doesn't clunk.
  6. D

    Management of pain after knee surgery for patients who have kidney disease

    I have stage 3 CKD and have had TKR on both knees, I took no NSAIDS before my surgery and none post op. It isn't fun, but ice is your friend, invest in a cold therapy machine and use it as directed for months if necessary after surgery since you can't take anything else. I broke my Norco tabs...
  7. D

    TKR 2nd TKR - went well

    Any and all could have caused myou problems in the first knee: the Stryker, previous nerve damage, a lower leg that bowed out and toes that turn in (internally it was all misaligned), bad PT, shorter leg , etc. My 2nd OS said he would give me one good knee and indeed he did. I am grateful he...
  8. D

    TKR 2nd TKR - went well

    I had a new surgeon who is the go to guy for revision surgery where I live, he said that the problem I am having is familiar to him with the Triathalon, it doesn't work for some. My first OS is very respected and highly sought after but god help you if you have a problem, it takes at least ten...
  9. D

    TKR 2nd TKR - went well

    I had my 2nd TKR at the beginning of August and it went great. It has turned out what I expected for the 1st one. This time around I have a different surgeon, a different implant (cemented Zimmer), and no PT. Four weeks after my surgery my ROM was 3-142 degrees and therefore they didn't...
  10. D

    Second TKA in 9 months due to metal allergy

    An old friend had a TKR in her late 50s, she went through 14 months of agony only to find out she had a metal allergy. Her OS told her it usually the nickel in the alloy. If you react to something like a metal top button in your jeans, that is a warning sign. Before my 1st TKR, I asked about...
  11. D

    1st Cortisone Shot and in pain

    I had several cortisone injections in my knee before my tkrs. They were not that big of a deal but I only received a few days of relief. As I understand it, your knee is one of the larger bursa in your body. A few weeks before my tkr, I had an injection in my hip, it was unbelievably painful...
  12. D

    Knee or Hip which to replace first?

    I have bursitis and a possible torn acetabular labrum in my right hip and had a right TKR last month. From experience, I would recommend you do your hip first. While you are trying to retrain/relearn your gait, it will put stress on your hip. I limped for years, probably a decade and a half...
  13. D

    2015 June Sunbeams - are you having knee surgery in June?

    On June 30th I am going to have my second knee replacement on my right knee. I am trying to be optimistic since the first one did not have satisfactory results. I have all of my equipment ready, next week I am going to cook and freeze two weeks worth of meals, and finalize arrangments. My...
  14. D

    TKR Post Op Complications

    After all of the above, none of the proposed actions were done. I had a follow up appointment 2 days ago. Spacer replacement is out of the question - I need one mm but Stryker Triathalons only have 2 mm increments. In the opinion of my new OS, it is not worth the risk of infection, blood...
  15. D

    TKR Post Op Complications

    Thanks for the reminder question. I am kind of stuck anyway making a decision. Exactly two weeks ago I saw my original OS. I did not rant and rave about not being able to get a followup appointment while in excruciating pain and unable to walk. Instead, when they were ordering a new set of...
Back
Top Bottom