Recent content by Dashinghippie

  1. D

    Bilateral THR DashingHippie Diary

    @Hip Hip Hooray! Howdy! upper front hip flexor and the "slightly to the outside upper hip flexor" on both legs. They are touchy. I have ALL kinds of power, but not if I run (at anything more than what I'd call a lumbering controlled jog...like maybe 3-5 mph jog)...they are very sore only when...
  2. D

    Bilateral THR DashingHippie Diary

    @larks hips I found and used Carl Freeman, who now works at Jax Ortho institute. He was very good, as he was receptive not only to my questions and ideas, but eventually agreed to do BTHR simultaneously when he really only wanted to do one and let me wait ~months for the other (because of...
  3. D

    Bilateral THR DashingHippie Diary

    Hi all, @Suzette @Hip Hip Hooray! @Joey D @Bluebell53 @agileHippie @larks hips Hope you're all well! I never get emails from the site anymore, so don't get remeinded to come look. Week 32 this week (>7 months already!) Last checked in 4 MONTHS ago! I *still* have a tough time with the...
  4. D

    Bilateral THR Aug.18 - a success!

    Good stuff. Good going. Keep it up! :)
  5. D

    Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

    Hi @Suzette , VERY sorry to hear you still have that recurring pain issue....man, what a pain in the a.. ...literally! yes, it might have something to do with the anterior scar nerve cut issue. I still get tingly numbness feelings in the front of my upper thigh, just below the scar area...like...
  6. D

    Bilateral THR DashingHippie Diary

    Hi all, @Suzette @Hip Hip Hooray! @Joey D @Bluebell53 @agileHippie Hope you're all well and improving! Week 18 Thursday Last checked in 3 weeks ago! Finished my week of hiking in VT; 1st day, hiked up Smuggler's Notch 'sterling pond', 1400 feet to the summit at 3400 feet and back down, took...
  7. D

    Bilateral THR DashingHippie Diary

    Hi all, @Suzette @Hip Hip Hooray! @Joey D Week 15 right this moment. Last checked in week 12...wow, time flies. In prepping for my week of hiking in VT, I've been doing all stuff. Bike, walk, swim, run in water only, sit, eat, rest, and more of the above, several times per week. Yesterday...
  8. D

    Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

    @Suzette , my friend, very sorry to read about your recent and continuing trials. You have enough to worry about with your recovery without work garbage on top of it...so sorry. "I am getting a deep burn and sting in the front of thigh leading down from anterior incision, it's numb but this is...
  9. D

    Bilateral THR DashingHippie Diary

    oh, and @Joey D - I'm an old codger compared to you, you young pup. I turned 56 about a week before you. :) A Leo from Joizey, go figure.
  10. D

    Bilateral THR DashingHippie Diary

    @Suzette @Hip Hip Hooray! @Joey D @agileHippie hope you're all well and working at it! Week 12 this Wednesday. Still working out 2x/week (whole body, but emphasizing movements to work the small muscles and flexibility of both hips and my recovering right shoulder). Walking 5k 3x/week. Riding...
  11. D

    Bilateral THR Anterior Approach on Aug 25th!

    @Joey D Hey Joizey, New Yawka here. You're doing great; keep it slow and steady and you'll be out body surfing before the season's over! No falling, no infections. I'm 12 weeks out from my BTHR tomorrow, and the nerves in the thigh skin, just below the incisions, are still not healed...still...
  12. D

    THR Psoas tendonitis

    I'm *very* sorry you're experiencing such pain, in an odd place it seems. I guess I'd just say that you should be pretty insistent (politely, but firmly) that the surgeon/team track down what is going on, because it doesn't seem normal to me. Best of Luck tomorrow!
  13. D

    Bilateral THR DashingHippie Diary

    @Hip Hip Hooray! I still, at 10 weeks, get random small muscle pains and stiffness in upper and outer hip area...annoying, but tend to work or play right thru that. No drugs at all since week 4...have a cabinet full of nearly full bottles of everything! Also, I still, maybe a couple of...
  14. D

    Bilateral THR DashingHippie Diary

    Awesome trajectory you're on, @Hip Hip Hooray! Keep it up! I really think working out thru the pain up front (pre-op) is a big key to recovery success. I waited a full week *after* I was given the okay to submerge to actually do it. Since I know someone who got infected and had a near...
  15. D

    Bilateral THR DashingHippie Diary

    @Suzette an elbow massage! Yikes! Gotta Love it! :) what's up with the butt still hurting? is there some complication (or some prior hurt "butt spot" going on pre-op?)? You were anterior, so the butt ought to be pretty free and clear from all the hoopla, no? :(
Back
Top Bottom