Recent content by DanM

  1. DanM

    ITBS exercises

    Hello Phoggie, I'll be 11 weeks post-op tomorrow :biggrin: and I am still working through some ITBS issues. In my estimate, it has been one of the toughest parts of my recovery (and surprisingly so!). My IT band sensitivity and pain went the entire length along the side of my thigh from my...
  2. DanM

    Julie's Back Home !!

    Hey Julie, Great to read your continued progress...and, no more staples! Yes, the Xray is amazing when you think of all that new equipment holding you up now--I love it! I agree with Sharon about the driving thing. You'll know when you feel ready and it will come pretty easily at that...
  3. DanM

    Trailblazer Jaycey one year on…

    Jaycey, happy anniversary to you and your hip!!! May the next year be easier with continued healing! :biggrin: And...thank you for all your support and encouragement during my own THR journey. I might still be hobbling around myself were it not for BoneSmart and the likes of you and Jo and...
  4. DanM

    Sleeping on side

    Hi Kimmie, I'll be interested to hear others' replies as well, but here's my take on your question. Pain throughout the healing process has absolutely been normal for me so far. In fact, what I am experiencing is that the pains are changing over time. I'm on week 10 post-op now and I'm still...
  5. DanM

    My first bike ride in 4+ months

    Hello Loz, good for you...thanks for the inspiration! I've been waiting for a reasonably nice day here in SE Wisconsin. So far the wind, rain or temps have made me think twice every time I want to get back on the bike. My OS ok'ed bike riding after my 6 week follow-up as long as I stayed on...
  6. DanM

    Julie's Back Home !!

    Hi Julie, I agree with Jaycey...try not to fight the sleep thing if you can. It's frustrating for sure. Take naps whenever you can squeeze one in. It took me months after my core decompression to get my sleep schedule back to normal. It's been much easier with my THR, actually. Yours...
  7. DanM

    The History of Bone Smart Forum

    Jo, I just saw this thread on the history of BoneSmart. How awesome! Thank you for filling us in on the details of its origins! Like many other comments here I am ever grateful for finding BoneSmart and to all who share their experience and wisdom so freely to us. I need to shout "THANK...
  8. DanM

    Julie's Back Home !!

    Thanks, Janet. It took my reading through hundreds of posts here on BoneSmart to finally get it right myself! Hope others might learn quicker than me! I'll be a pro now for my next one (should I ever need it!). :biggrin: Dan
  9. DanM

    Sleeping on side

    Hello Kimmie, if you're able to walk 3 miles a day (at any speed!) at this point in your recovery, I'd say you are doing very well indeed! That stinging pain you describe was the same for me. I think it's caused by the deeper parts of the incision that is still healing so early on when we try...
  10. DanM

    Julie's Back Home !!

    Welcome home and to the recovery side Julie!!! :biggrin: So glad to hear the great report on your recovery so far. Sounds like you are doing very well, indeed! Good for you! Since no one's done it yet, here's my reminder for you to give your body the rest it needs, ice, elevate and take your...
  11. DanM

    Avascular necrosis

    Hello mtharp, Welcome! I completely agree with Jo's advice...get the THR done and take your life back. I have AVN as well...and, like you I had some doubts. However, your hips are not going to get better, only worse. You are suffering needlessly when there is a remedy that is common and...
  12. DanM

    Sleeping on side

    Hi Kimmie, funny how when we go through something like this all the things we get to learn about! :biggrin: So...rather than give you my layman's understanding here's a definition from wiki: "The iliotibial band is a superficial thickening of tissue on the outside of the thigh, extending from...
  13. DanM

    Can we all get together and share our PT and exercise regimens?

    Hello Barb, attached are the exercises my PT has sent me home with over the last several weeks. As for walking, I like the advice my PT gave me when I was discharged day 3 post-op. He suggested that when I felt ready to venture outside to put a lawn chair at the end of my driveway (assuming...
  14. DanM

    Sleeping on side

    Hi Kimmie, I had anterior surgery on my left hip in February. I am a side sleeper as well, and as I recall I made some early attempts at laying on the operative side around weeks 2-3 post-op which were very...brief! I would say it was at about week 4 that I was able to actually lay on that...
  15. DanM

    New guy here with Hip Problems.

    Hello Duane, just one more reply on how suddenly one might be stricken with hip pain. Mine struck completely and suddenly out of the blue one day last May...bone on bone hip pain like I'd never felt before...no history of any issues with my hips prior. That level of pain lasted for a few days...
Back
Top Bottom