Recent content by Danlovesmary

  1. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    @Josephine ... yes! Please, ask away! I only hope I have informed answers ...
  2. Danlovesmary

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    @lovetocookandsew , we have moved to WA State and I don’t have an OS yet. It’s new insurance so now I’m concerned about it being a pre-existing condition. Thank you for getting back to me.
  3. Danlovesmary

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    Hi Kim, I started reading your epic recovery journey and then started skipping ahead ... I’m too impatient right now to read 69 pages ... lol! Can I ask you a few questions? I had a TKR in February 2014. Short version of recovery - lots of pain, couldn’t get good ROM, had MUA, gained ROM but...
  4. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Hello Bone Smart! I haven’t been in here for probably 4 years. My left TKR was almost exactly 4 years ago. It is still constantly swollen with very little range of motion, and hurts when I move it (and aches for hours after being up and walking around. My OS insisted there is nothing wrong, a...
  5. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Hahahahah! I laughed my head off when you said I'm within walking distance to the beach, @sunny-island! I guess it's really 6 blocks as the crow flies but I have never walked it. lol How cool that you lived here and went to Disneyland its first year!
  6. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    @sunny-island, yes! Beach! We are actually 6 blocks from the ocean in Newport Beach, CA! And you are in Florida! On the water or do you have to drive? Nice, right? I have an annual pass to Disneyland (25 min drive) and I have not been able to go for a year! :gaah: I am so looking forward to that...
  7. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Thank you @sunny-island, that means so much to me! I really appreciate you taking the time to say that. How are you doing?? You're about 10 weeks out, right? Getting some good sleep at this point, I hope. I was so tired for so many weeks! Still am! Hahaha!
  8. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    It's been a week since my MUA. I'm trying to bend it, like the OS said to do but it just won't go! I'm so frustrated! The bad pain I was having before the MUA is gone, thank God! OS said he got 130 degrees, but it will take time for me to do that. Am I trying too soon? OS said to let pain be my...
  9. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Hi Mary, good to hear from you! How funny, about our names!
  10. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    So....here I am, Monday afternoon, had the MUA on Friday. Josephine was right, it's nothing to be afraid of. The anesthesiologist even injected a nerve block into my thigh, so the procedure really was pain free. The general anesthetic went well and was real quick. OS was pleased, he was able...
  11. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    @CityGirl, at only 3 weeks out from your TKR, I'm thinking your difficulty in bending is probably from swelling/inflammation. Have you read all the recovery articles here on BoneSmart? Super helpful and reassuring... @kneeper can better advise... Hang in there! It DOES get better...but it can...
  12. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Thanks, @Pumpkln, except for the pain in my knee, I'm feeling good. It's been nearly 9 months since the TKR and I know it's possible/likely to gain ROM if I wait. However, like I mentioned...the pain has gotten worse in the past month. When I cut back the PT, it just gets stiffer and the pain...
  13. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    @skigirl - hello! Someone suggested asking you about MUA's....they thought you had maybe had that procedure....I am scheduled for one on Oct 10
  14. Danlovesmary

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    @Nana moon 27 - oh dear! Poor you!! It sounds as if things are looking up a little....but what you've been through!! I'm so sorry! I wish I were as "savvy" on this site as so many of you are...everyone is always so quick to comfort and advise; I feel like I'm coasting on the goodwill of...
  15. Danlovesmary

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Thanks, Bill! I'm glad to hear you're doing well! Unfortunately, I can't say the same...I am scheduled for an MUA on Oct 10. I actually am relieved, so I shouldn't say it's unfortunate. I'm still at 105-108 bend, and I could probably live with that...but there is still a great deal of pain...
Back
Top Bottom