Recent content by Danemark

  1. Danemark

    2018 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    On average how long are you on pain meds? I realize could be different with everyone but not sure if it will take me longer than everyone else or what? I am currently taking 1 percoset every 4 hours except at night I take 2. I'd like to be off all together but can't do that yet. How much longer...
  2. Danemark

    TKR Muscle spasms<

    I have spasms also in the leg of surgery. Also in the hip. All the muscles that have been compensating for years now. Several things have helped some. Heat sometimes helps, sometimes ice. Massage helps and I also use biofreeze on the tight muscles. I also found a way to be able to sleep on my...
  3. Danemark

    TKR compensating muscles post TKR surgery

    when my muscles in my hip and groin are in a spasm I can barely walk, sleep or do anything. I need relief and the acupressure points has helped tremendously. But I cannot find really good information, or what I am looking for online and was hoping someone had a link to find the spots and/or...
  4. Danemark

    TKR compensating muscles post TKR surgery

    But what I need to know is how others deal with this muscle pain in other areas the best. Nobody at the doctors said anything about any of this. I read all those other things before I had surgery when I was engorging with information. The pain meds don't work for spasms as well as they do for...
  5. Danemark

    TKR compensating muscles post TKR surgery

    So before TKR I had arthoscopy about 8 years ago and my knee healed in more of a bent position because they told me to put a pillow under my knee for comfort. So for the last 8 years I have basically been walking with a bent knee 100% of the time making that leg slightly shorter than the other...
  6. Danemark

    TKR compensating muscles post TKR surgery

    Yes SusieShoes that is a great dane the way they are born, with the ears!! I show and I don't crop and yes she is one of our champions. Lost her last year just before 10 years old. She was my heart and soul. Anyway, thanks that is exactly what I was asking. I do get keloid scar tissue and the...
  7. Danemark

    TKR compensating muscles post TKR surgery

    So what I am wondering is this. When I bend my knee it seems the most tension is right at the incision site right in the middle off my knee cap. The skin moves around on the sides and the upper and lower section of the incision. It is not 100 % healed right where it is so tight. My swelling has...
  8. Danemark

    TKR New Knee Me

    I am at 2 weeks post TKR tomorrow. My last home PT was on Thursday and I got 90 degrees on their way and 98 degrees the way I do it myself. She said that was excellent and I was doing great. So I would think you are fine but this is all new to me!!
  9. Danemark

    TKR Ceegee's recovery

    It must be nice to stand so far back in agility and have your dog do the commands. I used to run danes in agility. I gave it up years ago for other reaons. I now just show in conformation. Im only 4 days ouf after TKR 7-9-18.looking forward to gettingbackin the ring! LOL
  10. Danemark

    TKR scheduled 7-9-18

    I wish I had done it sooner but tried to put off surgery by doing stem cell. It worked great until I went back for the second set of injections at 3 months. it tanked my immune system which tanked the whole results of the stem cell. It took a while to get it back under control and then had to...
  11. Danemark

    2018 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    I have a left TKR scheduled for July 9th, 2018 I've also had both basal thumb joints removed
  12. Danemark

    TKR scheduled 7-9-18

    Hi I have a left TKR scheduled in a couple weeks. I've been preparing for this for quite some time. I am finding this site hard to follow. I am having mine done at Barnes Jewish in St Louis by Dr Lux. Anyone else on here local and using Dr Lux? I have heard great things about him. But I am...
  13. Danemark

    I have knee replacement scheduled for July 9th

    It's getting closer to time and I cannot wait. Mine is being done in St Louis. Anyone else? Next week my husband and I have a pre op apt scheduled and a class for the two of us to attend. Anyone know what the class is about? Thanks Karen
Back
Top Bottom