Recent content by Dancersoon

  1. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    2 mos out this wed. I’m still having problem going downstairs and the pain is in the same spot I mentioned above. Below the knee to the left. I tried going down 3 stairs yesterday and the pain almost took me down. Had to ice and elevate. Anyone else?
  2. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    Does anyone know what the clicking is that I hear and feel behind my knee when walking? Also having pain right below the knee to the left of the shin bone only at nite?
  3. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    Saw my doc for 5 wk PO check. He’s alittle concerned that my leg isn’t completely straight. I’m probably off 1-3 degrees. My other knee took awhile to get straight so I’m not worried. Doing exercises everyday. I started walking 1/2 mile twice last week and swam yesterday. Not limping much...
  4. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    What I want to know is how I’m the heck are we suppose to walk without a limp when we still have swelling???
  5. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    I have been pretty much pain-free up until this point. I was four weeks out yesterday. Since PT my knee is hurting me and Stiff all the time. I told Pt I wouldn’t be back for two weeks. She’s having me flex my foot on my bed and tighten my quad as tight as I can and push knee down into the bed...
  6. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    @sistersinhim It’s not my ROM she’s worried about it’s extension. Says that’s a lot harder to get and if you don’t get it early on PT didn’t really hurt. I think I overdid by coming home and doing more than doing the two exercises today. No more! I’m icing and elevating for the next few days...
  7. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    I was somewhat sore after pt yesterday and today after doing the two exercises I’m very sore and knee feels swollen. I think I’ll just ice and elevate today because I have pt again tomorrow.
  8. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    She kept telling me all the schooling she has and that she can bring me absolute facts that have been proven about extension.
  9. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    Went to first pt appt. I was very up front with the young girl. She told me ROM will come once swelling goes down but that you have to get your extension by the 5th or 6th week we probably won’t get it. What do all of you think??? She gave me some exercises, including exercises to strengthen...
  10. D

    TKR New Here Looking for Positivity

    Hi! U are still so very new to recovery! It’s too soon to be doing anything but resting, icing, elevating and taking meds on time. No household chores! Call your doc if you need stronger meds. Many are on meds for months. I will be 4 wks tomorrow and am just starting to feel like things are...
  11. D

    MUA knee so stiff<<

    Tramadol did nothing for me. Motrin worked better
  12. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    From the experienced ladies on here, how long does the stiffness and swelling last? Im almost 4 wks out. This is my 2nd replacement but I don’t remember much of the first one. (Kinda like having a baby! Lol) I’m icing and elevating during the day, with alittle walking, some gentle heel slides...
  13. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    Well I over did it yesterday! Knowing I was seeing pt for first time tomorrow and my extension is not great I pushed hard. Well I paid for it hard last nite and today. Had to take a pain pill and Tylenol. I’ve been off meds for over a week. So today just icing and elevating. Me and pt are going...
  14. D

    TKR Fell on knee

    Can anyone suggest some gentle exercises To help with extension? Is 2 wks PO to soon to try the bike?
  15. D

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    Hi Condo9! I fell on mine 4 days after surgery! Read my posts about my knee!
Back
Top Bottom