Recent content by daisyduck0801

  1. D

    THR It's done (finally)!

    Hi all! I'm a few days late in posting at my 4 months post op anniversary. (April 10 made 4 months). SInce my last post (March 10) I feel like I've regressed a bit. But I know now (from bonesmart) that can be normal. So I'm not freaking out about it. And, can't believe that I am just now...
  2. D

    THR It's done (finally)!

    Hello all fellow hippies! Today makes 3 months since my left THR. The last I posted was almost a month ago...and wowee! What a difference (about) a month makes. Before my progress report though, I wanted to say that I haven't been on BS hardly because...wait for it... on February 17 my 89...
  3. D

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Mornin' Glad. OMG! The kidney stones. If they are asymptomatic is it absolutely necessary to have them removed? Or is it a case of they'll only get worse with time so get 'em out now? My first reaction to news like that would be to do research to see if there is any way possible to dissolve the...
  4. D

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Wow! You are able to do all of that physio stuff being approximately just 2 weeks after surgery? You don't have any pain or soreness or achiness? When you walk, are you able to do so without a limp? That is amazing to me that you are doing that much so soon after surgery. Lucky you!
  5. D

    THR John's anterior TLHR recovery

    Hi jjfcpa. I had (same as you) left THR anterior approach. My surgery was 12/10/24. My earlier recovery sounds very similar to yours. Knee issues (pain, swelling). Oh my gosh - the spot on the outer thigh! That drove me crazy at times. I slept better earlier on when I was still taking...
  6. D

    THR TragicallyHip's Recovery

    Hi TragicallyHip. I (and a couple of others here on BS) had THR about a week before you (12/10/24). Like you, I had zero pain or even the slightest discomfort in my groin area... until about 2 weeks ago. (Unlike you though, earlier on I had pain everywhere else - thigh, knee, etc). My all over...
  7. D

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    Ahhh....ok. So pain coupled with compromised mobility sounds like that equals (or could equal) nerve issues (which could be related to compressed discs). That thing you had done...what a mouthful. Had to look that up. So you just had your surgery a few days ago, right? How are you feeling today?
  8. D

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    Mornin' ladies. Wanted to let you know how valuable it is to hear you talk about the ups and downs of your respective recoveries. You 3 are all ahead of me and we all know (from being Bonesmart members) the unpredictable nature of getting back to normal after THR. But it helps especially to...
  9. D

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Good afternoon Mr.fun. Read your attachment. It's somewhat Greek to me. How are you feeling today?
  10. D

    THR It's done (finally)!

    Hi Ladybird. Just for some perspective. I am 9 weeks out from my left THR (anterior approach). I still use my walker for the most part to get around, although I have started testing the waters using a cane. If I start feeling achiness or pain with the cane...back to the walker - and ice (with...
  11. D

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    Hi Law. I read a handful of your more recent posts. I believe you just had a procedure for a herniated disc. But you were told you had bursitis. Are the 2 connected somehow? I ask because I get intermittent pain in my outer hip. I was told by 2 doctors that it might be a touch of bursitis...
  12. D

    THR It's done (finally)!

    Hi Layla. I have been following BS long enough to know that PT isn't really necessary, especially for healing. I wasn't giving PT another shot for healing. It was more for muscle balance. Wanting to be sure that my surgery side muscles didn't start to atrophy for lack of use. But I guess maybe...
  13. D

    THR It's done (finally)!

    Ok. Update. No such luck with the PT session 2 days ago (Monday). I mentioned to the PT how much better my outer hip felt after the session last week. Glad to hear it. So I guess he figured I was ready to take on a new machine. Something that basically had me doing bent knee leg lifts, but with...
  14. D

    THR It's done (finally)!

    Thank you Layla :) Starting to use the cane more, but haven't tossed my walker to the side yet. For one thing, I have this basket or rectangular pouch attached to the walker, which is great for transporting a bunch of stuff from room to room! Very convenient! Still having the odd, assorted...
  15. D

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    Hi msart. You give me hope when you talk about getting in your garden! I am so looking forward to that. Coincidentally, I had a fellow come over today to tidy up my front yard - pulling up dead stuff (from the snow/freeze), weeding, trimming, new mulch. I'm nowhere near ready to handle all...
Back
Top Bottom