Recent content by Daina

  1. D

    TKR 4½ Month Question

    @BTLady I read through your post. I have no suggestions for you but I'm sure that someone on this website will soon. I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you and I hope you're able to find a solution. I can imagine how difficult the thought of another surgery is at this point.
  2. D

    TKR I'm on the other side

    I could only dangle for about that long at a time too. I just kept doing it for as long as I could. Don't get discouraged. From what I've read here, everyone is different. Just keep trying and be gentle. It will come. Today, I tried staying awake but because I had a rough night, it didn't work...
  3. D

    TKR I'm on the other side

    It's pretty much all the time but it still feels like it's stretching. My non surgical leg is negative a bit so I won't feel completely normal until my surgical leg is too. When I first stand up after sitting or laying for a while, I just stand there and stretch for a minute then walk. I have...
  4. D

    TKR I'm on the other side

    Mbone, I have the wedge pillow from Bed Bath and Beyond and even though my extension is 0, I still need another pillow under my knee at the base in order to feel more comfortable. You are only 4 days behind me in your recovery and it seems we share a lot of the same struggles. I have a really...
  5. D

    TKR 10 weeks on other side and no longer lurking

    Please do post your story. I am interested in hearing how things went for you. I am only 4 weeks post op and enjoy reading how things have gone for others.
  6. D

    TKR Sewhat's Recovery Thread

    @sewhat, I am fairly new to this site and just read all of your story up to this point. I had my RTKR on March 27th so I'm a little behind you. I too suffer with the leg pains you described (mostly at night). Are you still having them? To me, it sounds like you're doing great. I was at 10 and...
  7. D

    New knee on the way

    @midwest girl, I had a RTKR on March 27th, 2014. I can totally understand your fears. I worked the day prior to my surgery and could hardly make it through the day due to anxiety. There were many times leading up to the day that I wanted to cancel my surgery due to fear. I am now 3 weeks post...
  8. D

    TKR Pain when elevating after a TKR

    I need to correct my previous statement. 10 is 10 degrees not 10%.
  9. D

    TKR Pain when elevating after a TKR

    @ Josephine, I was told Monday when I went for my check up that my straight measurement was at 10 which I believe means 10% more to go until my leg is naturally straight. I have been doing drop down rests with a rolled up towel under my heel. Then doing some push down and hold (15 seconds)...
  10. D

    TKR Pain when elevating after a TKR

    Thank you all for your replies. Just to provide more information, I had my right knee replaced on March 27, 2014. I have really struggled with pain control. It is much better today than it was the 1st two weeks. I had my 3 week follow-up appointment on April 21, 2014 and my x-rays and incision...
  11. D

    TKR Pain when elevating after a TKR

    Hello, I am new to this site and I have a question. Whenever I elevate my leg, I experience more pain than when I am laying it flat. I read the instructions on this site for proper elevation and I'm doing it correctly. The pain is mostly in my lower leg. Pain similar to a shin splint. Has anyone...
Back
Top Bottom