Recent content by Dabber

  1. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    I need to do an update don't I. My new knee is over a year old now and is great! It is so different from my right knee that remains rather painful especially when walking much. It took a year to get over the GTPS as I was told it would, it was really quite disabling but it is mostly better now...
  2. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    My right revision knee “locks” when it is straight at 0 degrees but my new knee doesn’t and now extends further back making it feel unstable. I’ve had 0-130 ROM from very early on. I haven’t got my Goniometer here so I can’t measure it but it now feels to be flexing further too. I was told 130...
  3. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    I’m limping along, well trying to walk tall and not limp! I saw a senior physiotherapist who was very helpful and a lovely musculoskeletal MCATs lady who was also an experienced physio and both said very gentle exercise, mostly walking with a few basic movements and never into pain and they felt...
  4. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    I had my rectocele repair that went fine, I was just in hospital for 1 night. Tomorrow is the two week mark. I've been so very tired and then looked back and thought in 4 1/2 months I've had the TKR, acute covid, iron deficient anaemia, a rectocele repair and greater trochanteric pain syndrome...
  5. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    My operation has been cancelled for a second time, it can't be helped, I have a good surgeon doing it and each time I've been cancelled for a cancer patient. She has opened up an afternoon next week to take the two of us who were cancelled. I think I'm going to try the light touch of 2...
  6. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    I saw another physio who gave me simpler exercises, not involving ankle weights, and with the suggestion of never going above a 4 pain wise which was refreshing. On Thursday I have the colorectal/gynae operation and am going to need to step back with knee exercises. At the moment I am 18 weeks...
  7. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    Thank you for the link and help, it is much appreciated.
  8. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    I saw the consultant's registrar who was very good, on 3rd Sept, and I had X-rays done. The knee looks good. I had an excellent surgeon. Unfortunately I have Trochanteric Bursitis in my left hip (operated side), it's extremely painful. I can't have a steroid injection because of being...
  9. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    Unfortunately things have now changed again. I don't seem to have very good fortune with my TKRs. I have now been diagnosed with iron deficient anaemia and am awaiting an iron infusion at the hospital. This diagnosis does account for most of my recent odd symptoms. I am just hoping the infusion...
  10. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    My new left knee is 3 months old today. Unfortunately it went from having a good start to 6 weeks downtime with covid. With being in treatment for relapsed Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma I'm clinically extremely vulnerable and needed anti-virals that I had in due course. My hubby and I were both very...
  11. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    I am still coughing and recovering slowly from Covid. The fatigue has been very bad. Update on my new TKR below.
  12. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    My knee is 2 months post op today. I'll do my first update and go over the first 6 weeks. I arrived at the hospital at 7am, was shown to my room, changed into a gown and saw the anaesthetist and consultant at about 8-8.15. I was pleased to hear I was to be first on the list, I walked to the...
  13. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    Unfortunately my husband and I have a very nasty strain of Covid 19 at the moment.
  14. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    Thank you for all your messages. All seemed to go well with my LTKR. There were no complications. I am having a few issues with my vision and I will update about my surgery etc very soon.
  15. Dabber

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    I"m getting ready for my operation. I am rather anxious because of past experiences but this will be a new day, a new knee, new surgeon and hospital although connected to the renowned hospital where I had my revision surgery on my right knee several years ago. I'm going into hospital at 7am on...
Back
Top Bottom