Recent content by czak57

  1. czak57

    Big decision - which doctor, which implant?

    I had glue and I cannot say that it looks any better than my friends who had staples. In fact, many of my friends who had staples have a cleaner, tidier scar, almost invisible. I think you will do fine with either, but I understand your concern because I felt the same way pre-surgery.
  2. czak57

    TKR 7 months out-when does the stiffness end?

    @skigirl @tiredwife @tashia @speccybecky Thank you for your responses. It really helps to have hope that "this too shall pass" and what I am going through is all very much "normal". When I read about the super progress that some Bonesmarties have posted, I worry that I may never get there and...
  3. czak57

    TKR 7 months out-when does the stiffness end?

    Hi all--looking for someone to tell me when the stiffness goes away!! 1 year? Never? (I hope not). I am 7 months post op and doing fairly well with ROM and extension, but if I walk beyond a mile, I still get swelling--- and stiffness is an ongoing issue. I know we should not compare, but is...
  4. czak57

    THR Czak's hip recovery

    3 Months Post Op Tomorrow Well, things are going so well that I have forgotten to post my recovery data! OOPS, sorry! I have not had any more incidences of subluxations and the doctor said that it should not be a concern as my hip muscles continue to strengthen and the hip capsule tightens...
  5. czak57

    THR Tie your shoes?

    My surgery was 3 days before yours (April 4). I just started being able to tie my shoes--and it's quite an effort and not pretty. However, I cannot put my socks on yet. Funny how that works. Be patient, it will come.
  6. czak57

    THR Czak's hip recovery

    6 WEEKS POST OP I am doing well, walking without a cane. I stopped all pain meds. I have not had any more incidences of hip subluxation, which is a good thing. Two new milestones for me are: Walking a full mile around our neighborhood and tying my shoes! I am going on a cruise the...
  7. czak57

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Hey, Blue. Glad your knee is doing so well. 4.4 miles is awesome! Wish I could do that. We are neighbors, btw. I live in Indian Harbour Beach, just a tad south of Cocoa Beach. Just wanted to say hello--I've been off and on the knee side since having my hip replaced in April. Actually, the...
  8. czak57

    When did you turn the corner and start feeling better

    Oh my gosh, YES! You are only 5 days out! Give it some time. I know it is hard to be patient but you will get there! I am 5 weeks out and feel really good, but my doctor says I have 2 more months for all of the soft tissue to heal and settle down. Hang in there
  9. czak57

    THR 5 weeks

    Great report from your doctor. I am about 10 days behind you and am looking for as good a report from my doctor!
  10. czak57

    THR work

    Does your doctor need to sign off on your leave? If so, see what he/she thinks. Mine said 8-12 weeks and I had an anterior approach. I am 1 month post op and am glad I did not go back to work, yet.
  11. czak57

    THR 3 weeks post op, question about skin sensitivity

    @Utah I work with (20) 4 year olds in an elementary school. I currently have a leave of absence. My doctor has to sign off on my leave in order for me to go back.. He said normal recovery takes 8-12 weeks before returning to work. I honestly do not think I could do it, anyways. I have been...
  12. czak57

    THR Czak's hip recovery

    I am worried about the hip's instability and also about the possibility of wearing out the cup rim with these subluxations. Is that possible? And I certainly do not want any more surgery!
  13. czak57

    THR 3 weeks post op, question about skin sensitivity

    Welcome to Bonesmart, Claudia. You have come to the right place. Remember to eat something with that Ibuprofen before bed to avoid stomach ulcers. I'm finding it hard to believe you are back at work--that is super fast! I am 20 days ahead of you and certainly not ready to go back to work...
  14. czak57

    THR Czak's hip recovery

    UGH, IT HAPPENED AGAIN!! So now I am being careful and it happened again! My hip subluxated while sitting on the steps of my pool. My legs were not bent; they were practically straight on the descending steps. My daughter was (thankfully) with me. She helped me up. I could not bear ANY...
  15. czak57

    THR Czak's hip recovery

    Just glad it's over and I know why it happened. I will be more careful from now on. Haven't heard from my OS, yet. Will let you know what he says if and when he ever gets back to me.
Back
Top Bottom