Recent content by Cynjl

  1. Cynjl

    THR I made it, barely

    It looks like my Dad will be having a hip (possibly both) hips replaced soon. He sees the surgeon on Monday. I gave him the link for Bonesmart. He never said a word, but he was hurting when he was here for me when I had my surgery. I also gave it to a coworker who's husband may be looking at...
  2. Cynjl

    THR I made it, barely

    Wow! Been over a year since I posted. Everything has been going Great! Had my follow up with the dr and I don't have to go back for 3 years. He said new hip looks great and the other hip is stable. (have hip dysplasia). When and if that hip starts acting up I will get it taken care of sooner...
  3. Cynjl

    THR I made it, barely

    I'm back! Thought I would stop by and let you know that I had a wonderful time in Italy. No pain in my hip or leg what so ever. There definitely were some hills and I managed them great! Just took my time. I have so many memories! Who would have thought that in June I had my hip replaced and...
  4. Cynjl

    THR I made it, barely

    Sorry, long time away. Have been busy with work and life now that I have my life back. Just had my followup appt with the surgeon and everything is looking good. I don't have to see him again for a year. Not taking any pain meds at all. Getting prepared for my trip to Italy and have had no...
  5. Cynjl

    THR I made it, barely

    I'm Free! Free of the pain, the crutches, the cane, the pain meds. People at work seeing me walk without any aids and saying "look at you go Cyndi!" Hard to believe it's only been a little over 2 months and with a fracture that I have come this far. Being able to get into the car lifting that...
  6. Cynjl

    Is post op nausea and vomiting to be expected?

    @Baybee I had general anesthesia and they put a patch behind my ear as a preventive measure. This was my 3rd surgery and they have given me these patches each time and they work wonders. No nausea what so ever. Sorry, can't remember what the name of them.
  7. Cynjl

    THR I made it, barely

    Survived my 1st week back to work. Yeah! Went pretty well. I think getting back into a routine has really helped. I'm was given the go ahead to drive again and I'm down to using a cane which I'm slowly starting to wean off of. I've been practicing the stairs for a few weeks now and WOW! I can...
  8. Cynjl

    THR I made it, barely

    The Dr released me back to work full time. My employer is Very understanding and will probably tell me to sit down and take it slow and easy. I've been there for 22 yrs. They have been great to work with so I don't think it will be too hard. Of course not being able to dose off when I want may...
  9. Cynjl

    THR I made it, barely

    Update Haven't posted in awhile. Doing good. I tried switching to using the cane yesterday at church. Worked pretty well, but was a little stiff and sore afterwards so I think I will switch back to the crutch. Still getting my brain around the fact that I don't have any more pain. I was in...
  10. Cynjl

    Need to get back to work quickly

    @shelby58 I was putting up with the pain for about 3 yrs. Eventually I was limping, then started using a cane and then to crutches....it got to a point where I couldn't put any weight on the leg at all. I was afraid that I might end up using a wheel chair. I was taking Advil like crazy and the...
  11. Cynjl

    Need to get back to work quickly

    @shelby58 I also have a desk job, but doctor had me off for 8 weeks. I'm scheduled to return to work on Aug 3rd. Surgery was on June 1st. Although I have significant sick leave accumulated (have been at my job for 22 yrs). I still would not have even considered returning any sooner. This is...
  12. Cynjl

    Has anyone had to do the injections for anti clotting after op??

    @lexi-mai I know what you mean about the pain. It consumed my entire being. If I had not gone through with the surgery I believe I would be in a wheel chair. I started limping then gave in and used a cane and then finally to crutches. I couldn't put any weight on that leg at all. Although there...
  13. Cynjl

    Has anyone had to do the injections for anti clotting after op??

    @lexi-mai I had the shots for 3 weeks. They had me do it myself at the hospital to get used to it. It was also suggested that when preparing the area you will putting the shot...is to rub the area vigorously with the alcohol wipe....this causes the nerve endings to fire and it takes a little bit...
  14. Cynjl

    THR I made it, barely

    I had been walking the halls several times after surgery without any problems or pain. On the 3rd day after surgery when doing my morning walk is when I felt the 'pop' and then the pain. Definitely felt the pain after that. I don't think it happened in surgery or I would have had more pain and...
  15. Cynjl

    THR I made it, barely

    Great News!! Had my first follow up with surgeon. I am able to get rid of the brace and can use just 1 crutch. :happydance: Found out that it wasn't just a hairline fracture, but a complete break of the very top portion of the greater trochanter. He said it is starting to heal and wants to...
Back
Top Bottom