Recent content by cslasor

  1. cslasor

    THR Delayed - I’m So Sad

    Goodness, @Poodles, you've had a bad time of it! I'm glad the ovarian mass was not a problem - that's a scary one! Thanks everybody for the encouragement. This too shall pass...... However, no matter how late this surgery gets postponed, I absolutely refuse to cancel my plans to go to...
  2. cslasor

    THR Delayed - I’m So Sad

    After having 2 TKRs in the last 14 months and still having a great deal of pain from the first one, I was informed that my hip pain couldn’t be helped with a steroid shot because the cartilage was completely gone and I needed a THR. That was a little depressing to hear but I’m hopeful that...
  3. cslasor

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    ...deep sigh... It looks like my scheduled Jan 4 hip replacement is getting postponed due to insurance issues. Long story short, I’m transitioning from employers insurance to Cobra and it takes longer than I expected. So it will get done, I just don’t know when. It’s very depressing. I am...
  4. cslasor

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    You know, in reading back through a bunch of threads it looks like most people who continue to have problems with their knees beyond the point where you would expect to see improvement are having problems with their left knee. I wonder if it has anything to do with being right- or left-handed...
  5. cslasor

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    It's been a while since I've updated but there hasn't been anything good to say. As a reminder, I had LTKR in Sep 2016 (15 months ago), a RTKR in May 2017 (7 moths ago), and I'm scheduled for a RTHR in Jan 2018. The left knee, my first surgery, is still hurting very badly along the outside...
  6. cslasor

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    @jaschembra, I've been away from BS for a little while and seeing your post feels very timely. My LTKR is now 15 months old and hurts really bad down the outside edge of the knee when I try to walk or stand. The 7-month-old RTKR is much, much better than the older left knee so it's not just me...
  7. cslasor

    Had 2 TKRs - what will be differentwith a THR?

    Thanks, Josephine. I've had people ask me why knee surgery was so much tougher than hip surgery and didn't know the answer. Now I do!
  8. cslasor

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    I already had an appointment scheduled for November 1 with the surgeon as a follow-up on the pain I'm still having with the 13-month-old knee so I called his secretary and said I wanted to change that appointment to a hip-replacement consultation. She said it was a good thing I had the...
  9. cslasor

    Had 2 TKRs - what will be differentwith a THR?

    After having both of my knees replaced (one in September 2016 and one in May 2017) and having a fair amount of trouble with one of them, I've now been told my right hip is bone-on-bone and needs to be replaced. For various work & insurance reasons I'm hoping to do it either the week before or...
  10. cslasor

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    I'm halfway into the 6-week exercise and Tylenol plan my OS suggested and I do seem to be feeling a little bit better and might be having a little less pain with walking. I'm spending 5 minutes a day laying face down on the bed with my feet hanging over the edge and I must say that really makes...
  11. cslasor

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    So I went and saw my doctor's PA yesterday, who always seems to have more time to talk about things than the doctor does. Plus I was her last appointment of the day so we weren't rushed. Of course the swelling had gone down quite a bit in the day or 2 before I went - it's like taking a car to...
  12. cslasor

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    Thanks for the advice, KarriB. I've always been a walker (well, until my knee cartilage decided to leave) and I've hated spending the last couple of years spending so much time just sitting, parking in handicapped spots, and using the electric carts in the grocery store. I really miss my walks...
  13. cslasor

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    Thanks, Celle. I do know of another surgeon in Orlando that specializes in fixing problem knee replacements and if I don't get any relief soon I may schedule an appointment with him. This guy is about an hour and a half away from here so I'm pretty sure he isn't affiliate with my current...
  14. cslasor

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    I've been putting off doing an update for the 1-year anniversary of my first (left) TKR because I don't have much good to say. The right, 4-month-old, knee continues to do well with a little bit of expected soreness, but the left knee is just not cooperating. I can bend it to about 120 and...
  15. cslasor

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    Thanks, @sistersinhim. I have a follow-up appointment with OS in a few weeks and will bring it up, but I know from experience that if the implant itself is OK (meaning it's in the right position and there's no infection) he doesn't get too concerned about the side effects. I might have to go...
Back
Top Bottom