Recent content by cryinsham30

  1. C

    Revision THR Made it, mostly!

    Ok back, sorry for the long time tween updates, I kind of let life get to me and zoned out. I am in great spirits over all however, my pain level is more/less at my pre-op levels, which while bad by most peoples standards is bad, I all ready know it is manageable, and I also feel/know that it...
  2. C

    Revision THR Made it, mostly!

    Getting better, made it around my house and even out to my pig pen today to throw them some scraps and give them scratches through the fence, so about 50 yards give or take each way, tomorrow start PT and am in better shape hip wise this time than I was when I started PT with the first hip.
  3. C

    THR I made it to the other side. My recovery thread.

    Revision is so far "more concerning" but the recovery seems the same to me, maybe longer than the first surgery, but I wouldn't know much about a normal first surgery. Stick with yoga, as when it comes to hips yoga is strength training, the flexibility/length/health of each of the a(b)ductor and...
  4. C

    Revision THR Made it, mostly!

    Thank you bottoms. Here is a new one for me, that did not happen the first time. It feels like my systems is doing a built in test to make sure all my extremities are there, and at random my tendons/muscles etc. will contract with full force for a brief second, imagine all the pain of a cramp...
  5. C

    THR I made it to the other side. My recovery thread.

    Good to see your out and about, I am gonna catch up to you, in uhm, well maybe after winter.
  6. C

    Revision THR Made it, mostly!

    I had to spend a day extra in the hospital, but my surgery went well for the revision. No fractures, or major complications. Surgeon created new fascia lata and tensor fascia lata tendons/muscles to replace the ones that were gone, and my pseudo tumor drained almost entirely upon incision, and a...
  7. C

    THR I made it to the other side. My recovery thread.

    It is difficult to express to anyone that has not been through it/similar experience how much energy pain etc. takes from you, it is also perfectly normal to become slightly depressed during recovery. It is like all of a sudden your no longer part of a society you spent your adult life molding...
  8. C

    I am terrified for the first time

    @happyhopper Yes, I have the rejuvenate, with poly cup/ceramic ball, the "bad" cobalt/chromium stem and titanium femur section. Surgeon will be installing a zimmer single piece stem system, and leaving the stryker cup in place and trying to stay with a larger diameter ball (current one is...
  9. C

    I am terrified for the first time

    He does surgery 3 days a week-3-5 surgeries ea block-except for now the stryker rejuvenate specifically is going to take longer so only 2-3 a day. and I can only base my numbers on what his office manager/NP tells me. The specific extractor is in response to his experience using/seeing the...
  10. C

    I am terrified for the first time

    N worries jamie, I addressed this previously "he has done over 3800 revisions in the 12 years she has worked for him, of course that includes knees as well as hips, but as much as he lacks bedside manner, I have faith in him as a surgeon, I just will be quicker on the draw with any...
  11. C

    I am terrified for the first time

    Ok, what a whirlwind; On base ortho surgeon-agreed with everything primary doc said, even listed my primary doc as one to go to for a second opinion; of note is he has treated me off and on for 3 years, but did not actually see me this time, just a "paper review" of my scans/lab work. Second...
  12. C

    THR I made it to the other side. My recovery thread.

    Great job brother, sorry I missed all the earlier threads, I kinda zoned out. My revision is now set for Nov. 3rd. Now for some "man tips" 1. Learn what is comfortable for you when it comes to any adult activity, best to avoid for it for 8-10 weeks, but shrug, dunno your entire relationship...
  13. C

    Help!!!

    WEll, brother, looks like we may be rehab buddies. Formal word today is that my implant has failed and revision is in fact necessary. Looks like I will be having surgery about the middle of the month depending on when surgeon gets a specially made extractor delivered from a doctor in MN. Just...
  14. C

    I am terrified for the first time

    Well, the news is as I though it would be, revision needed. I currently have request for referral for second opinion. However the military ortho doc has my case in for review as well. Surgery will be mid October unless something changes. My Surgeon is awaiting a new extraction tool from a doctor...
  15. C

    Help!!!

    Brother your preaching to a choir here, striving for independence and self sufficiency, touring europe for three+ years to 1 step away from bed ridden, the loss of independence and freedom is I would wager the greatest of things one looses when disabled, and that doesnt always mean "wheel chair...
Back
Top Bottom