Recent content by Crazedred

  1. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    Thank you!
  2. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    That would be nice. So far I’m floundering. I’m doing (not doing) everything in my power not to make a hot, irritated leg worse. I’m very discouraged
  3. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    EMc, I’m happy to help. I’m glad you are progressing well! Pain at night in my case was lack of distraction and increased use of the knee during the day! I’m a terribly impatient person, and want to get better fast! I think I shot myself in the foot on this one! Keep doing well! EMc, thank you...
  4. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    July 25, 2018
  5. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    The surgeon indicated that the scope should help this, and recommended very gentle PT and a lot of rest and ice. I’m using a walker for a while, but have full weight bearing as tolerated. Taking the bulky dressing off today and putting on a TED stocking. The former surgeon was all about pushing...
  6. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    Today I had an Arthroscopy. The diagnosis was arthrofibrosis. :(
  7. Crazedred

    TKR Here I go again!

    That’s the best feeling!
  8. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    Thank you. I sure will.
  9. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    13 weeks out, I have bone that needs trimming (I don’t know the origin, whether new growth or poorly trimmed from the start). Also, a large amount of scar tissue that is under the patellar button and on the new knee, preventing patellar tracking. Two weeks of rest, ice and elevation haven’t...
  10. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    And I would agree. I’m so confused because while the pain lingered, the crepitus and increased pain is about three weeks old. So, I’ll s it a new problem or is it showing up because of increased ROM and decreased swelling? I see OS in a week on July 12. Maybe he can explain more then.
  11. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    When I’m sitting still, my pain level is a 3-4. When I stand or straighten my leg, it’s excrutiating and goes to a 7-8. I’m sorry. That was very confusing. So the OS wants to trim bone. And, yess, the pain had stayed a 3-4 for the first 6-7 weeks, with diminishing doses of narcotic. About three...
  12. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    My pain level hasn’t budged much from a 3-4. I agree that it’s not right. Sometimes it’s much higher, especially when trying to get up from being seated or moving in bed from a bent knee position to a straight knee position at this time, there is deep stabbing pain and a lot of crepitus. And...
  13. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    Susie, I am so limited by excruciating pain that the surgery would trim bone that is keeping me from walking, sitting, and even sleeping without pain.
  14. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    I’m sort of confused about the ice time. They told me to do 20 minutes at a time. But, I will do longer now!! Also, I am taking Tylenol as you suggested as well as Aleve twice a day to augment pain relief. I don’t want more surgery!!!!!! Thank you for your help!!!
  15. Crazedred

    TKR New pain 9 weeks out!<

    1. Pain has a. 3-4. Currently on ice and elevation. Pain is mainly soreness that radiates to my ankle. Some localized throbbing at medial knee 2. Prescription is dilaudid 2mg every 6 hours. Had previously been taking hydrocodone-acetaminophen 325-5 without relief. I am taking acetaminophen...
Back
Top Bottom