Recent content by CPH

  1. CPH

    Revision THR My RTHR journey and the road back to an active life.

    New update: well just popped in to give a quick update on my 1.8 year post hip revision surgery update with my ortho surgeon. Should have seen him about a year ago, but then there was Covid and the 3 month wait to get an appt. In any case he said the bone has fully attached to the long stem...
  2. CPH

    Revision THR My RTHR journey and the road back to an active life.

    Well it’s been a while since I’ve popped in, but just wanted to update everyone on life after my revision a year ago. In a nutshell i often forget Ive had a hip replacement. No pain at all, even with my long stem, 8 titanium bands, and 18 inch scar ( which has faded away nicely). I am very...
  3. CPH

    Revision THR My RTHR journey and the road back to an active life.

    @CricketHip I only progressed up to a point after surgery and at 4 weeks was using a cane because it hurt near the joint to put weight on it. I guess you don’t know what you don’t know so I really felt that the sensation I was experiencing was probably normal.A few days earlier it also felt like...
  4. CPH

    Revision THR My RTHR journey and the road back to an active life.

    Life is great...finally! Been continuing to focus on my physical therapy in the pool and also on land. No longer have a limp, leg length is very even, my hip joint is getting more and more flexible and I am generally getting fit from exercising every day. A week ago I took my first flight...
  5. CPH

    Revision THR My RTHR journey and the road back to an active life.

    Big week! Started my Water PT this week (way better than regular PT IMHO). And Taddahhhh....started walking with one crutch for last 7 days and today was able to walk a short distance with nothing but my own two feet. Will go slow, but I am so stoked. I’ll be Going to my community pool to do...
  6. CPH

    Revision THR My RTHR journey and the road back to an active life.

    New Update! So just returned from my appt with my OS this afternoon. He said xrays look great and fracture is not visible on X-ray any longer. He gave me the go ahead to increase weight bearing to 25% over this next week, then 50% for following week, then 75-100% over week 11 -12...whatever...
  7. CPH

    THR Cocoon to moth

    Glorious update! I am beginning to see light at the end of this tunnel and reading about you getting pretty much to normal is so encouraging. Not sure I will be doing fishing anytime soon, but can’t wait til I am weight bearing again and can break out the hiking poles and get down on the floor...
  8. CPH

    Revision THR My RTHR journey and the road back to an active life.

    Trip to Santa Barbara for my first post op trip was great! Wheelchair made getting around a piece of cake, but I do have a new appreciation for those permanently handicapped. Had to take a potty break on trip and had to be mindful of finding a bathroom where hubby could help me get in/out with...
  9. CPH

    THR Periprosthetic femur fracture recovery

    I hope all is well with your recovery.
  10. CPH

    THR Periprosthetic femur fracture recovery

    Thanks for posting. I had a fracture 1 month post RTHR after losing balance and falling. Result was emergency Revision with longer stem and permanent titanium cerclage bands. I’m now at 8 weeks post revision with toe touch weight bearing until next appt in 9 days. How long after the revision...
  11. CPH

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Woo hoo! So happy you are 1 month out and progressing!
  12. CPH

    Revision THR A new year and new hope: revision for loosened THR

    @prairienut you are truly the light at the end of my tunnel! So comforting to hear how far you have come on this journey. My fingers are crossed that I will have such good news to share six months from now. In the meantime “ you go girl!”
  13. CPH

    Revision THR My RTHR journey and the road back to an active life.

    @Layla Yes on the wheelchair! We bought a decent one when my hubbys Family came to town so I could participate in dinners out and dr appointments as It takes forever for me to get around on the walker. Feeling better today as we made arrangements to spend the upcoming weekend in Santa...
  14. CPH

    Revision THR My RTHR journey and the road back to an active life.

    So coming up on 7 weeks post op from revision, but 11 weeks if you include the original surgery. Last 2 days have been difficult as I’m a bit “bluesy”. Feeling like a caged bird that wants to take flight, but can’t and 11 weeks is a long time to not be able to do much, plus the So. Calif...
Back
Top Bottom