Recent content by CorpHippie

  1. C

    2019 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    Round 2 for me! Left knee done March of this year now right knee will be November 14th! Feeling a bit apprehensive but ready to do this!
  2. C

    Week to go left TKR

    @julieskan I know that feeling well. I was all over the place before my surgery that was 4 weeks ago yesterday. For me, I built it up in my mind much worse than it was. Not saying it was fun or easy but I can tell you it’s already worth it. I’ll be having my other knee done in September of this...
  3. C

    Zhash - Pre-op Help.

    @Zhash, your story could be mine. Literally aside from the fact that I had my left knee done 3 weeks ago. Like you I had meniscus repair on my left knee with osteoarthritis filling in the gap leaving me bone on bone in 2014. If you look you can see how scared I was about surgery. I can tell you...
  4. C

    Frustrated

    @Beans, I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through this. I had the same experience with my knees. Doctors wanted to do the surgery years ago and insurance denied us once a year until I turned 50. That is the magic number it seems. I think it is asinine and inhumane for insurance to make us wait...
  5. C

    Elevation for knee

    I personally love my Lounge Doctor. Since I’ll have my other knee done this year and I know that this is a slow process I opted to pay more. I can tell you in the last 3 weeks since surgery I’ve used it every single day.
  6. C

    TKR CorpHippie's recovery thread

    I will give him a call. And you are right. This sucks without a doubt but at least it’s not the pain I was in 3 weeks ago! :)
  7. C

    TKR CorpHippie's recovery thread

    Oops! Sorry about that! Thank you for moving it.
  8. C

    TKR CorpHippie's recovery thread

    I hope the two are not related. I live in Florida and it is pollen season and I realize that I have a sinus infection. My knee will be 3 weeks old Thursday and I woke up with more pain than I’ve been feeling. There is no new redness or hot spots, but the pain enough that I had to really lean on...
  9. C

    TKR CorpHippie's recovery thread

    Is the pain in the back of my heel normal too?
  10. C

    TKR CorpHippie's recovery thread

    @skigirl this would have had me in full on tears! I’m so sorry that happened to you!!
  11. C

    TKR CorpHippie's recovery thread

    @Didot that numbness has been what has freaked me out most. The PT nurse reminded me that nerves had to be severed for surgery. I’m just wondering how long this will last. Anyone know?
  12. C

    TKR CorpHippie's recovery thread

    @Irish471 I don’t either and I’m quickly learning that my impatience nature and healing do not go well together and my knee will win every time. I overdid my exercises yesterday and today I am paying the price. :/
  13. C

    TKR CorpHippie's recovery thread

    @gia2cats I have long classified my style to that of a drunken camel! I understand how you feel!
  14. C

    TKR CorpHippie's recovery thread

    @Irish471 how long did you use your walker before you moved to a cane? I keep telling Superman that I’ll be able to bench press him with all of the upper body strength I’ve gained using my walker! LOL
  15. C

    TKR CorpHippie's recovery thread

    One week update. I feel like this should start off “Captain’s log, update week one” lol today has been rough. I ran out of the oxy yesterday and was with no pain killer other than Motrin 800 for about 15 hours. Today I feel like I’m back where I was 2 days ago. SO frustrating. I’ve been...
Back
Top Bottom