Recent content by Coop06

  1. Coop06

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    I know how you feel! Went for a walk the other day and had IT pains around my knee. Stayed off it and used ice right away and a couple of Tylenols...that helped with the pain and discomfort but not the mind. I find dealing with the pain, exercises and recovery manageable however it is the mind...
  2. Coop06

    THR CanukTriMom gets new bionic hip!!

    Thanks for your quick response! I appreciate your advice and experience. I am fortunate to have three close friends who have all had THR in the last three years. However sometimes you don't always ask or listen to the answers! I am giving myself time to heal, luckily for me during my sporting...
  3. Coop06

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Hell MissMoo thought I'd jump in here and tell you that I had headaches the first few days home and a very dry month. The pain from the surgery had decreased to a 1-2 so taking the pain meds as often didn't make sense so I reduced them from one every four hours to one every eight hours. After...
  4. Coop06

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    My little souvenir, 5 days post surgery!
  5. Coop06

    THR CanukTriMom gets new bionic hip!!

    Hi I read your post op thread. Wow you have done well. Now you mentioned master triathlete, not sure if we have met but have been doing tri's since the early 90's. IMC 5 times and been on the national age group team since 1998. I put off my surgery to compete in the Worlds here in Edmonton, in...
  6. Coop06

    New Hip new start!

    Awesome! Yah waiting is a pain in the butt...you get over the modesty pretty quick, especially when you want your meds like 20 minutes ago. My brief experience tells me to ask for drugs sooner than later. If you are like me, being a crazy runner, we like to think we manage our pain...don't be...
  7. Coop06

    New Hip new start!

    How do you do private messages? How are you doing? Tried standing but too soon and have had to bump up meds. Cheers my friend. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. Coop06

    New Hip new start!

    Wow you gals are awesome. Excellent thoughts, suggestions and ideas. The people here are incredible. Yahoo a new bionic leg! Surgery went well now trying to get comfortable and get some rest. Talk to you tomorrow or then again maybe sometime after midnight! Cheers Mike ... A new 'hipster'...
  9. Coop06

    New Hip new start!

    Thank you...it is amazing how the mind wanders, the rational side knows all the 'good stories' however every now and then moves to fear. I think besides the actual surgery my biggest concern is the recovery. Having been and hopefully to continue being an athlete, not doing workouts and playing...
  10. Coop06

    New Hip new start!

    well tomorrow morning Nov 26 at 9:45 am THR on my left hip...yeh. I have three very good friends who have gone through this procedure and have provided not only advice and support but true friendship. Even with all that support I'm still nervous, anxious and afraid. Nevertheless I'm ready to be...
  11. Coop06

    2014 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    Well the day is fast approaching, Nov 26, yikes. It sure has helped reading all the posts, lots of positive inspiration. Nevertheless there are nerves, stress and worries. I am fortunate that three of friends have all had successful THR...this Saturday the hipsters are over for dinner to pass on...
Back
Top Bottom