Recent content by coddle

  1. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    Very happy with progress today, thanks for reminding me of the anniversary! Back to sports, played two table tennis league matches so far, still not of course moving as smoothly as I'd want but way ahead of my timeline originally for competitive play. Step count still rising, without me...
  2. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    3 months birthday today, here's some highlights.. The good *18 holes golfing in a buggy is fine * walking between 9-11k steps most days * doing the stairs in work rather then the elevator, it's 7 flights * walking the dogs their full distances (45 mins-1 hour) *slowly back to table tennis...
  3. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    There is an extremely long list, but we'll be taking it....one step at a time....!
  4. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    Bit of a gap in reportage, which is sometimes good to get a bounce in progress. We're nearly at 10 weeks post op, flexion is brilliant, only a few degrees behind my 3 year old knee. I'm able to stand on one leg to put socks on (which is like my self test). Sports wise, played 9 holes of golf...
  5. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    Week 6 done,, flew to Ireland on holiday, flight was fine but the combination of flight, airport travel, then a 2 hour car journey knocked me back for a few days. I've been into the sea swimming twice, but each sea trip brings a reaction so doling out only small doses of swims to ease...
  6. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    Week 5 done, a good one generally - saw the surgeon yesterday, he's very happy - xrays showed a lovely in line prosthesis, swelling down A LOT this week. Had physio before the appt with the surgeon, glute bridges and sit to stand with the injured knee doing 70% of the work - these were tough...
  7. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    Week 3 done , a nice milestone yesterday when I managed a rotation or two on the bike (my regular road bike, on a turbo trainer). Had it set to zero resistance and went forwards and back a few times, eventually a rotation happened before I realised it! Took me till week 6 at least last time...
  8. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    Another small update, I'm now 20 days post op, and had a very interesting physio session today . My physio decided to try to encourage extra quad activation today, having observed that in a closed chain scenario I have full extension, but not in an open chain, so he elected to try blood flow...
  9. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    Hey! Yes, thanks very much for the enquiry. Busy busy week! Swelling very much down now, and some of the more deep seated pain starting to emerge. Mechanically I'm in a very good position versus week 2 of knee 1, I'm very happy with extension and am able to move around the house without...
  10. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    For me, an amazing difference, way more efficient than just icing.
  11. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    Finally, two days late, the game ready arrived, I'm already feeling happier. Anyone who doesn't have access to this, see if you can, for pain relief and swelling management, it's the absolute bees knees (I am not a game ready affiliated marketer!). Stairs up now normal, extension back...
  12. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    Small update, back home yesterday and noticing that home is significantly tougher! Quite some pain yesterday evening so a tramadol now on board, and I think the pain was because I wasn't as regular with the "normal" pain relievers- I've set alarms now to remind me! Moving very well compared...
  13. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    I was surprised too, but it's not that uncommon in Switzerland to be offered herbal medicines.. my surgeon is not a believer, but it definitely didn't hurt (even if placebo only).. I've taken it again tonight, and hope I've caught the pain just in time this evening for a good sleep.
  14. coddle

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    A good 2nd night, aided by tramadol and they also gave me a herbal pill, made with valerian root, this was new to me. 5 hours sleep, up from 2 on night 1! Icing and elevating all the time. Posting this at 4.33 am, waiting for tramadol no 2 to kick in..
Back
Top Bottom