Recent content by Coalminer

  1. Coalminer

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Three week PO update All going really well. Bruising has nearly gone. Pain not excessive. Sleeping really well. I seem to have got the hang of moderating the amount of exercise that I do, although there is still quite a bit of stiffness and swelling. I can comfortably walk with one crutch now...
  2. Coalminer

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Two week PO Update It's been a steady second week at home. I am still sleeping ok and just waking for meds and toilet once in night and getting about 6 hours sleep. Exercising steadily and trying not to push it or the knee soon tells me if I am doing too much. I have also been walking for ten...
  3. Coalminer

    Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

    I had mine removed Friday. 10 days PO, 38 staples and can honestly say that I only felt three of them being removed, and those were not painful really. There is nothing to worry about and you will feel so much better when they are out. Although I was a bit wary of opening up the incision as it...
  4. Coalminer

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    One week Post Op Update. This time last week I was in theatre, seems ages ago. I have been recovering at home four days now and think that things are going ok. After the rough time that I had on the last day in hospital with the PT and CPM machine (mentioned in earlier posts) I struggled...
  5. Coalminer

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Sorry about that. Continued... Surgeries. He was then happy to allow me home. I know from reading other posts that you shouldn't force your ROM but was desperate to get home after such a rough couple of days. I am home now taking my meds and icing and when I go back to see him in two weeks I...
  6. Coalminer

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Hi all. Another update. Physio came after breakfast and was still icing on the bed at the time. Checked my rom on bed with heel slides and don't think he was very impressed. Moved to the chair and tried it, I was really struggling and managed to get to what he said was 78. This was a little more...
  7. Coalminer

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Another day arrives after what I can only describe as the most painful day/night that I have had in my life. Pain is mainly in the thigh area with some in the knee as well, and really stiff. All four of us on this ward had same surgery same morning and we are all exactly the same. Some are...
  8. Coalminer

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Had some stronger meds and got ice on now. There are four of us on this ward and we are all feeling the effects of this mornings physio and realise we are only beginners at this and should take a bit more notice of bonesmart members advice. Should be goin home tommorrow so should get a bit more...
  9. Coalminer

    Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

    I had my TKR yesterday and have the same thigh pain. Just upped my painkillers to see if that will help
  10. Coalminer

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Out of bed about 5 o'clock ish and just sat in chair and showed how to use walking frame. Had dinner and just sat in chair just chatting to other patients in my ward, 4 bed room and visitors from six till eight. Numerous visits to toilet walking with frame, accompanied by a nurse. Had to pee...
  11. Coalminer

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Well. Back on the ward now. All done. Went to theatre on time. Very efficient and can highly recommend all the team and the place. Had a spinal so was awake throughout with no problems although it was very strange seeing a leg/foot up in the air and then realising it was mine...
  12. Coalminer

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Hi all, Well here we are at the hospital and all seems to be going ok so far. Slept better than I thought I would last night and got up, showered and here for about 7.15 this morning. Everything done very efficiently, with all booking in/ tests/ visits / shaving etc done. Sat here now in gown...
  13. Coalminer

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Hi all. It is now less than 24 hours till I am scheduled for my TKR. I have had my pre admission telephone call and answered all their questions etc and seem good to go. I have to be there for 7.30 am u.k.time and they said surgery will be just after lunch time. The house is ready for my return...
  14. Coalminer

    TKR The Journey Continues

    Wishing you all the best for your surgery. I am due to have TKR on my left knee tomorrow as well but as you are in Australia you will be quite a few hours in front of me. Keep us informed of your progress and we can compare notes etc.
  15. Coalminer

    RTKR on Monday, 4/30 with Spinal

    I am scheduled for LTKR on 1st May and will be having a spinal. I had arthroscopy on left knee approx 6 weeks ago, which is when they discovered that the knee needed replacing, and had a spinal then as well. I can honestly say that I was delighted with the spinal and much preferred it to when I...
Back
Top Bottom