Recent content by clpankau

  1. clpankau

    Welcome to the September Sapphire's 2018 Knee Recovery Club!

    Hi, how’s it doing? I had my right tkr 9/17/18. Had my left hip 5/31/18. They are both doing well I finished my pt last week, and I’m back to the gym. Very low key. Have developed a swelling behind my right ankle, but no pai. Maybe overdoing the exercise. Knee is little bit numb on the right...
  2. clpankau

    8" ortho bed wedge for elevation

    @Peaches hi peaches I had my right total knee replacement on September 17 and I have been using the lounge Dr. from day one. I loved it. I hate laying on my back, Which I had just finished doing with my total hip replacement May 31, and then it was time for the knee. I’m 5 foot seven and 155...
  3. clpankau

    TKR Clpankau's TKR Recovery Thread

    @Softtail Thanks for your reply, sound like you’ve got a good grip on getting through all of this. And then you get to do it all again next year! I probably should’ve waited till next year but I didn’t have the patience. So I did my hip waited 12 weeks and now I got my knee,hopefully I’m done...
  4. clpankau

    TKR Clpankau's TKR Recovery Thread

    @Celle thank you for replying. It’s nice to know that my scar tissue is not going to attack my staples the first two weeks here! I feel like I am walking around and doing the best I can do right now getting dressed sitting my chair getting up doing a few little things putting things away...
  5. clpankau

    TKR Clpankau's TKR Recovery Thread

    @sistersinhim thank you for backing me up. They (PT) were agreeable and quite nice. They came yesterday and he did not touch me other than to gently lay his finger on me to feel the muscles contracting or whatever, but gave me exercises I could do myself sitting or lying to tone & strengthen my...
  6. clpankau

    TKR Clpankau's TKR Recovery Thread

    @Greda Thanks for your reply, it looks like you really had a lot of experience with surgery wow. I know I shouldn’t be such a whiner but I am such a ninny when it comes to medical things. I hate needles and I hate pain, but I guess nobody loves them. So I made my appointment and I will sweat...
  7. clpankau

    TKR Clpankau's TKR Recovery Thread

    @Kiwigirl62 I Keeview girl looks like you had your surgery two days after mine. The Staples make a definite SHINee big fat staple across your incision all the way nice and shiny. I had stitches excuse me I had glue on my hip and it kind of look like a thick scab a little bit dark redAnd a little...
  8. clpankau

    TKR Clpankau's TKR Recovery Thread

    @Jockette Thank you for your reply. I did catch a remark from the physical therapist who did my assessment a week or so ago that she actually offered me physical therapy last Saturday which would’ve been DAY6, and I said no that wasThank you for your reply. I did catch a remark from the...
  9. clpankau

    TKR Clpankau's TKR Recovery Thread

    @Softtail Thanks, I know you’re right! I see you had your replacement 10 days before mine, so I will follow along on your coattails. Did you have staples? And I know you’re tough guy, but I eat did they give you anything before they pull the staples out? I am such a whiner but I am so done...
  10. clpankau

    TKR Clpankau's TKR Recovery Thread

    Well I’m at day 12 of my recovery! I actually think I am less swollen today, at least it seems so when I got out of bed. I’m losing sleep worrying about getting my staples out, the doctor said between 10 and 14 days to have them removed by my PCP. I’ve only met her once, new, replacing my old...
  11. clpankau

    TKR Marie’s TKR Journey

    @InkedMarie well I must say I’m feeling more pain than I anticipated. Dang girl this hurts. I am taking the medication. I am not going to stress over trying to exercise this knee right now. It’s not all bruised up but there’s a lot of swelling at the knee .still I am trying to keep ice on it as...
  12. clpankau

    TKR Clpankau's TKR Recovery Thread

    @InkedMarie well I must say I’m feeling more pain than I anticipated. Dang girl this hurts. I am taking the medication. I am not going to stress over trying to exercise this knee right now. It’s not all bruised up but there’s a lot of swelling at the knee .still I am trying to keep ice on it as...
  13. clpankau

    2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?

    Thanks for your encouraging words. I’m keeping busy , Trying to get about it too much. I heard from Marie about an ice machine that she says is like a cuff around the need that she uses I need to look at that. I had ice constantly on my hip after my surgery for about five days nonstop. It was a...
  14. clpankau

    2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?

    @Jlawless How did your surgery go? I’m so nervous, too. Mon is my surgery date, I try to remember how well my hip surgery went 3 months ago. It was worth it. Every day I could tell I was getting better...Hope your healing process is going well. If you learn any tricks for getting comfortable...
  15. clpankau

    2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?

    Thank you, Mon 9/17 is the big day. Hoping it goes as well as my hip did 14 weeks ago. If it wasn’t for my Darn knee I would be fine. The knee is aggravating my hip, but nothing like before surgery. I couldn’t help but notice that you had your knees done like three days apart. How is that...
Back
Top Bottom