Recent content by Cleifeste

  1. Cleifeste

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    Hi @Birdie53. We haven't heard from you for a while so I wanted to check in with you and see what is new with you, if you've gotten your "clunk" fixed. My thoughts and prayers are still with you. Cheryl LTHR. 16 April 2015 Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  2. Cleifeste

    THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

    Hi @PegGene. I read your postings and understand you have a THR scheduled beginning of September. Waiting was the hardest part for me, I had a four month wait, but as it got closer it went very fast. Take this time to get your home prepared and pack everything you need for the hospital. I...
  3. Cleifeste

    THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

    @IMs. Do not feel guilty for not being here in a while. Neither have I but that has not stopped my prayers for everyone who is going through, has yet to go through or has been through a hip replacement. Hippies are a very united group if even in spirit. I feel the encouragement and support and...
  4. Cleifeste

    THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

    I went to Phoenix yesterday for a checkup. The trochanteric bursitis and IT band inflammation are still flaring up. My routine with this has been ice, heat, rest, NOT seeing the PT but doing light stuff on my own as tolerated- no pushing it. My doctor approved my routine, didn't push PT on me...
  5. Cleifeste

    Seeking information on Protrusio Acetabuli and the Surgery

    Hi! I am not familiar with protrusio acetabuli however I am familiar with the arthroscopic hip surgeries. I've had three of them. I was diagnosed last year with bilateral FAI (femoral acetabular impingement) I had surgery on my left hip in March as it was the most painful. I did my right hip...
  6. Cleifeste

    THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

    @AussieHippie Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears this and gets tired of it. I know people don't mean anything by saying it. I'm probably just over sensitive, that's what my husband tells me. After all we go through it just seems like one more thing to deal with. I like your...
  7. Cleifeste

    THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

    Thanks @Legin. Two more days off before I go to work so rest is my agenda until then. I'm going to give this injection a fighting chance to work. I can say it does feel better this morning in the bursa area but not in the gluteus area. I'm thinking that might be from my possible tear... I'm...
  8. Cleifeste

    THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

    @donor Thank you! I've had an injection there before, I can't remember which time or which hip. Seems to me it was the same one but before my second arthroscopic surgery. So I have a history of bursitis. Having had two liners implanted and the amount of pressure I have I was just so sure...
  9. Cleifeste

    THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

    @Liznwiz. I can't even imagine feeling the way I do and having to take care of small children! I don't know how you did it! So sorry it took you three times for it to be effective, I can guess why. I am hopeful just one will do the trick for me. Fingers crossed.... Did you feel immediate...
  10. Cleifeste

    THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

    I just saw my doctor and had x-Rays done. Thank goodness I didn't damage my new hardware with the clunk. Unfortunately though he diagnosed me with trochanteric bursitis and because of the inexplicable bruising he thought I may have torn muscle around the capsule which he said would heal on its...
  11. Cleifeste

    THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

    Thank you @wcgirl Cheryl Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  12. Cleifeste

    THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

    I was at a good place at 6-7 weeks. I was weaning off the cane, made an attempt even out of the house. After the clunk scare and ramped up PT I back tracked all the way back to crutches, now on cane full time and a LOT of rest with ice & heat. I cancelled my last two PT appointments, doing some...
  13. Cleifeste

    THR Feeling great so far

    Welcome home! Isn't it great to be in your own surroundings? It makes a huge difference in just your general comfort. I wish you much success in your recovery with very few hurdles. Remember, this is not a race... (I should take my own advice. LOL!) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. Cleifeste

    THR Nerve problems

    Hi @Legin! I have an unrelated question for you. More to do with your CRPS. You recently had a round of Calcitonin? (Sp) injections. I have an aunt who has RSD (the former term for the now CRPS). She has tried many treatments including the Ketamine but to no avail. Xanax, gabapentin and I...
  15. Cleifeste

    THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

    Thanks @Legin and @Poppet. I also keep going back to what Josephine says repeatedly in so many discussions. Something like- "Hips don't need much exercise other than walking to get better, and even then not to excess. People all too often overdo it and end up with aches and pains and other...
Back
Top Bottom