Recent content by Clairebear

  1. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    @Jockette , thank you and a very Merry Christmas to you too. :reindeer::reindeerlights::reindeersleigh:santa sleigh:
  2. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    @Josephine thank you, you're so right, my surgeon said the same. @andpeaches I had an xray today and my implant is good and secure! Unfortunately it doesn't show soft tissue problems but as my surgeon said it's still early days even though I'm 12 weeks. Things have improved a little and I'm...
  3. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    Hi @Celle, thank you, I've avoided the hydrotherapy for 2 weeks and yes you're right, my flexion isn't a problem. The doctor said he could feel the adhesions, he also said he thought the implant was catching on the bone but I can't see how that could happen. He offered no advice, just said time...
  4. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    Hi. I'm now 11 weeks post op and struggling with pain on the front of the knee when walking and bending. My GP examined the knee on Friday and said I had adhesions which were causing the pain and popping sensations. I've been signed off work for another month. Has anyone else had this?
  5. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    Thank you @Jockette. My sessions are an hour twice a week and I thought they'd be beneficial but now I'm not so sure. I'm not saying that they've done any damage but I've taken the week off due to the increased stiffness and discomfort. Today has been a difficult day, my swelling has...
  6. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    @Josephine, I started hydrotherapy a couple of weeks ago on my surgeons advice. I was very sore after the first 2 sessions so haven't gone this week. The PT was focusing on flexion and that's not an issue, I wanted help with my gait. Apart from that I aren't doing the exercises, just going out...
  7. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    @Josephine , I wondered if you could give me your opinion on a change I've noticed in the last few days please? My knee above the knee cap became tighter than normal and a little more swollen. This carried on for a couple of days. I reduced my activity and increased my icing. It's very difficult...
  8. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    Thanks @Kiwigirl62 , how's your knee doing now?
  9. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    @andpeaches , thank you. Wow your shifts are very long, I thought mine were bad! I'm so glad things are working out for you. I've decided that I just have to try it and see how things go as being at home is driving me crazy. My shift pattern is 7am to 7.30pm 3 x a week and 4 x a week one week...
  10. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    Thank you for all your kind and supportive comments . @grandma chris, all the very best for your recovery. I think my recovery has been helped so much by the advice on here which helped me to relax and stop putting pressure on myself in the first few weeks. I've had my down days and still...
  11. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    Hi @Mom2Lucy. Great to know I'm not the only one , thank you. I see I'm a couple of weeks in front of you and wishing you a good recovery. I've been a little anxious about whether I'll be ready for my return to work in 3 weeks time. Whilst at hydrotherapy today I was chatting to a PT and...
  12. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    @NavyGunns, thanks, I know you're right. I'm trying so hard to focus on getting it right with the walking but have improved very little in the past few weeks. I find when I'm barefoot in my house I walk well but with shoes I aren't doing so well. I got a good pair of new shoes so there's no wear...
  13. Clairebear

    December TKR - spinal?

    Hi. I had tkr in September with a spinal and sedation. I did come around near the end of my surgery, I could hear hammering and the theatre staff chatting away but it was all kind of surreal, like being in a dream. I remember turning my head and saying hi to someone who was sitting beside me...
  14. Clairebear

    TKR Claire's recovery journey<

    Hi. Just thought I'd post an update on my recovery. I'm 8 and a half weeks post op now. I had a slight infection 2 weeks ago caused by a stitch which hadn't dissolved in the layer underneath my scar. No antibiotics were needed as I knew there was an issue and after a soak in the bath the stitch...
  15. Clairebear

    MUA Hello and a huge thank you<<

    Nothing to do with tkr replacement @hopalong61. I just noticed your profile pic and just wanted to say I did the paragliding in Olu Deniz too ❤
Back
Top Bottom