Recent content by CityGirl

  1. C

    TKR MANIPULATION

    1. Level of pain is 8. 2. My doctor recommended that I take over the counter Aleve, because he does not believe in prescribing a lot meds. This is during my outpatient PT. My physical therapist has sent notes to my OS that I do need some pain meds as this could be inhibiting my progress. 3. I...
  2. C

    TKR MANIPULATION

    I am six weeks out from LTKR. Presently I am in outpatient PT. The concern that I am having is with ROM. My ROM is at 85-90 and it appears that I can not move any further, The PT tend to push me to 95 but the pain is HORRIBLE.!!!! A few of the patients in therapy were speaking about...
  3. C

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    Things do get better from what I/ve been told. Keep up the good spirit you seem to have and you will be okay
  4. C

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    I am sorry that you are having these issues, I am there with you 3 weeks out. The problem that I am having is with bending I push myself but I can not seem to bend, I am only at 70 ROM. I am not sure if it is due to having torn meniscus surgery a year and a half prior to the TKR. I am taking all...
  5. C

    TKR MANIPULATION

    Thanks for all feedback. It is definitely helpful. Meds: OXYCOD/ACETAM (PERCOCET) 7.5- 325 1 tab every 4 hours. Made me sick and I could not sleep, I phoned the doctors office for a lower dose and was given Lortab 5/325 mg take 1 every four to six hours per day. Lortab not as strong so I've...
  6. C

    TKR MANIPULATION

    This is my 6th day since my surgery. I have been taking pain meds, but trying to find the correct dosage so that I can get some type of relief without taking to much. Even so I am not sleeping at night cat nap throughout the day, can anyone tell me what could help with sleep. I hope that when...
  7. C

    TKR Help! I've developed right hip pain 3 months after LTKR.

    These post are really helpful, as I will be have LTKR on September 12. I was worried about the PT due to hearing some horror story. I think I will take Ian's suggestion and tell them in so many words to leave me alone. From my understanding from others that have had TKR it takes time. Don't rush...
  8. C

    2014 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

    Welcome, @warfel24 I'm new to the forum as well. I hope that everything works out great for you.
  9. C

    CityGirl

    Does anyone know if after having surgery for a torn meniscus would cause arthritis and later a TKR. I had surgery for a torn meniscus January 2012. Two years later the knee is worst where arthritis has become unbearable. Wakes me up in the middle of the night and stiffness throughout the day...
  10. C

    CityGirl

    Thanks for all the advice. I will definitely apply these to my recovery.
  11. C

    CityGirl

    I will have surgery on September 14, 2014. SCARED!! Can anyone give an estimated time of recovery? I know depends on a lot of factors. Age, Health,Doctor Skills. Could someone tell me how long they were out? Thanks:scare:
Back
Top Bottom