Recent content by Christie b

  1. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @EalingGran That’s interesting that you say that about the pool, I’ve only done that twice and I was more swollen the next day so I’ll back off. It just felt so good & so easy compared to the other PT exercises, I see what you mean about it being deceptive! Thanks for your input, I appreciate...
  2. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @Jockette Thank you! I think PT was doing more harm than good so I canceled my appointments and have been doing gentle exercises at home in between ice/elevating/rest. Like 5 minutes on the recumbent bike or 10-15 minutes in the pool just walking or doing lunges on the stairs. Hopefully I’ll...
  3. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @Susie-Q Thank you so much for chiming in! Every time I hear something positive like your result it renews my hope that eventually everything will be ok. I really am trying to be patient and not stress too much but I can’t seem to turn off that little voice of worry that this is my life at 53...
  4. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @DogTiredKnees Oh wow, you’ve been through a lot! I hadn’t heard that fractures were a risk w/ revision surgery. I sure hope this surgery is your last! :prayer:
  5. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @DogTiredKnees Me too! It takes me forever to get comfy on my back and I usually end up watching TV until all hours of the night (much to the chagrin of my husband lol). Just one of the many challenging parts of this journey. Can I ask how you knew you needed a revision? I hope that whatever...
  6. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @DogTiredKnees Oh I hear that last sentence! I can’t wait for the day that this recovery doesn’t take up 90% of my thoughts & energy. We’ll both get there, one way or another! Good job walking further today! I think we have to celebrate each little thing just to stay positive throughout this...
  7. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @sistersinhim That must have been such a happy moment for you! I’m not close to going down stairs the normal way yet but I’ll get there. For now I’ll take it one step at a time, both literally & figuratively!
  8. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @Tentcamper I remember that day when I didn’t have to hook my good foot under my ankle to move my surgical leg - the little things are big things!! Sorry your recovery has been rough - I will say that my 3rd and 4th months were much better so hopefully yours will be, too. If only I could find...
  9. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    Hi @Tentcamper Yes, it’s hard to think that someday our lives won’t revolve around our knee and this recovery. I also try to celebrate every small victory, what are some of yours? I recently realized that I didn’t need to move the seat of my car back in order to hoist my leg in, I just bent...
  10. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    Hi all and thank you @benne68, @sistersinhim and @Jamie for your help with both navigating this forum and for your encouraging words. I had posted my update on someone else’s thread as part of a response to them but wanted to post it here in my own thread. Anyway, I hope that makes sense...
  11. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    Thank you! I was just trying to figure out how to post this on my own thread. Is there an easier way or should I just retype it? I’d say my title should be “Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried” Thanks again, Christie
  12. C

    TKR 3 months post op tomorrow

    Hi RBG, I’m in a similar place as you were when you posted and I’m curious how you are doing now that you are approaching the 1 year post TKR….? I’m about 4.5 months post op and struggling. I was at 120/0 about a month ago and was feeling like I’d turned that corner….then I overdid it like so...
  13. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    Thanks, Layla. I’ve been practicing walking like that and it definitely helps as long as I’m going nice and slow. I find I’m limping more when I try to walk faster or later in the day when I’m more tired/swollen. I’m also trying to stay positive and remember that this is a long recovery and...
  14. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @kneeper Thank you for your note. I was talking w/ my husband who was with me at the time and he said my OS said at 3 months I’d be doing 90% of what I wanted to, not that I’d be 90% healed. So I misspoke. I’ll be 3 months on Thursday and I‘m definitely not doing 90% of what I want to be...
  15. C

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    Thanks, Layla! Very helpful! :thankyou:
Back
Top Bottom