Recent content by ChrissyW

  1. ChrissyW

    THR ChrissW's recovery thread

    @Elf1 things are just starting to move forwards, and like I always say, onwards and upwards xx:chuckmarch:
  2. ChrissyW

    THR ChrissW's recovery thread

    Thought I would drop by here too! Starting to feel a bit more like myself and @ahipgma, in answer to your question on @Mayhip8 's thread, I am now officially a published author! My guide book for students is out there and selling!:yahoo:
  3. ChrissyW

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    :wave:As ever with me, always late to the party!! We are all 2 year plus now, how time flies ( well not really in lockdown land !) lovely to hear from everyone on this thread. Miss you all my lovelies @Mayhip8 , @ahipgma , @Calgal and our 'guardian' @Layla :spin::loveshwr:
  4. ChrissyW

    THR ChrissW's recovery thread

    More than that, mobility had fully returned and the only ache I still get since surgery is occasional twinges in the thigh area and sometimes the knee but compared to what I was like I'd still say I'm over 95% now. It feels ages ago when I was struggling with everything but I'd say that once I...
  5. ChrissyW

    THR ChrissW's recovery thread

    This time 2 years ago my recovery was on its way! Love to all and hope everyone's hips are as fantastic as they are. @ahipgma , @Calgal @Layla and @Mayhip8 i do miss our chats. This last Lockdown has actually been lonelier than when I was sat home recovering and I'm just looking forward to...
  6. ChrissyW

    THR ChrissW's recovery thread

    @Layla beer wouldn’t be mine either, champagne (or fizz if some sort) all the way!:martini:
  7. ChrissyW

    THR ChrissW's recovery thread

    Hello again and lovely to hear from you @Layla and @ahipgma. Strangely you mentioned cooking @ahipgma and I have currently got a curry cooking away and some bread dough rising. As the hubby has been unwell we’ve started cooking nearly everything from scratch and eating vegan/vegetarian options...
  8. ChrissyW

    THR ChrissW's recovery thread

    Evening everyone. I was accessing my old iPad so thought I would drop by. Hope everyone is doing well and just wanted to say, if they are about, that I miss my fellow hippy sisters. @Calgal , @Mayhip8 , @ahipgma and @Layla . Our virtual holidays should have been preparation for the times we are...
  9. ChrissyW

    THR ChrissW's recovery thread

    I thought I would pop by to say hello as I'd been looking at some of the shoulder posts. Mine have starting playing up, so to say! About a year ago I saw the doctor who said it was arthritis and over the last couple of months it has got worse(neck and top of arm) so, like you do, rang doctor...
  10. ChrissyW

    THR ChrissW's recovery thread

    Hello my wonderful hippy sisters @Mayhip8 , @Calgal , @ahipgma and @Layla. Hope you are all doing fine, or as well as can be expected in this covid world. Well, as the school felt I was surplus to use and made me redundant in summer , I have started my own business Next Steps Support and...
  11. ChrissyW

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    I read your post @Calgal and fully agree. A talkative lot we truly were throughout last summer. I do believe we benefitted not only physically but mentally and that has really helped for this year. I don't know how I would have managed without the hippy sisters and the support from so many...
  12. ChrissyW

    THR Return to teaching, how soon after THR?

    I could never have returned after 2 weeks, @SoKnotKidding . I think I was 7 weeks post op, having had my 6 week check up, before I returned and then it was as a phased return. You tire easily so don't push yourself in to anything and sorry for the late reply to the thread, I drop by every so...
  13. ChrissyW

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    Nothing to report here everyone. Just happy Sunday @Mayhip8 , @ahipgma , @Calgal and @Layla . @ahipgma hoping you are good post quarantine and your daughter is better and her hubby and little Ari are well too. Hugs to all xxx
  14. ChrissyW

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    How lovely to hear from you @ahipgma , @Calgal and @Layla . Hope our travel buddy @Mayhip8 is doing well too. Imagine we are 14 months in and seems like we are living Groundhog Day with the lockdown. I'm presuming @Calgal your in the same place as me with lockdown relaxation rules but I've only...
  15. ChrissyW

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    @Mayhip8 @ahipgma @Calgal and @Layla as well as all the other smarties. Just thought I'd drop by to see how everyone was in this weird time we are living through, hope everyone is well and virtual hugs to all xxx
Back
Top Bottom