Recent content by Chimera

  1. Chimera

    TKR no one told me about the pain<

    Hope you are feeling better soon - I too had a VSG (in 2012) and while recovering from that surgery is when my left knee really decided that it was going to give up the ghost - MRI then revealed bone on bone. Just wanted to say that even the first major OA flare made the abdominal surgery feel...
  2. Chimera

    TKR Chimera's Recovery

    Hello everyone! I just wanted to report in with an update on my recovery process. Today I am 6 weeks out from my TKR and after feeling pretty bad for 5 weeks post surgery, about halfway through last week it feels as if I have turned a corner. I woke up on Thursday and it was the first time I...
  3. Chimera

    TKR Chimera's Recovery

    Just wanted to share an update on my recovery process. I am now 4 weeks and two days out from my TKR and I am feeling much more positive than I was last week. Thank you everyone for contributing to this forum - it really is a lifesaver! After my horrid experience at PT last week and cancelling...
  4. Chimera

    TKR Kayak59's Recovery Thread

    You sound like you are doing great! I wish I had your extension numbers, my miserable 23 will improve will time. After having one knee done and hearing about the folks who do both knees at the same time or one right after the other - I think I am a sissy who lacks character and has no pain...
  5. Chimera

    TKR Chimera's Recovery

    Thank you, thank you, thank you! It is scary when the PT tries to scare you into pushing beyond your capability - believe me I want the extension too, but I am simply not physically able to achieve it right at this moment. The appointment yesterday was frustrating for other reasons as well - my...
  6. Chimera

    TKR Chimera's Recovery

    4:45 am, took pain med just a bit ago. Feels like a whole new universe of pain - my whole body hurts and I can barely move anything after the PT session last night. The pushing for extension has made my back, hips, and of course knee hurt in a whole new way. Feels like I am a giant swollen...
  7. Chimera

    TKR Chimera's Recovery

    I had my staples out this past Wednesday as well and today was my 3 weeks from surgery. With my new hip and back pains I found wrapping my electric blanket around those sore spots offers a bit of relief. Just returned from PT and I have met the torturer I have heard about from the boards - I...
  8. Chimera

    TKR Chimera's Recovery

    I thought I lost my post - my tablet is a bit finicky and I typed for what seems like ages and it just hung wifi limbo, I am glad a portion of it is here now that I have checked the laptop. Indeed I am very familiar with the ministry of silly walks from Monty Python :) when I had my ligament...
  9. Chimera

    TKR Chimera's Recovery

    I had no idea that my old shoes could affect my new gait in progress. I usually buy just any old shoe but I will go get some assistance to fit new shoes once I am more mobile. I had a rough night with pain last night and again early this morning. I tried to go with just 1000 MG of Tylenol in...
  10. Chimera

    TKR Chimera's Recovery

    Thank you! I was wondering about new shoes - any advice on good shoes for strolling about once I am free of the walker?
  11. Chimera

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    I am averting my eyes whilst my family does the housekeeping :) I have a handheld shower and a showering bench as well but I can't wait until things are healed enough and I have the strength and mobility for a real hot bath! Hurray for Funeral food - and casseroles all around!
  12. Chimera

    TKR Chimera's Recovery

    And though I have soreness and stiffness from the knee - the correction has twisted my leg back towards the direction it is supposed to be - thus my hips and back are usually on fire, I think this pain bothers me almost more than the knee joint - PT and Surgeon assure me it is totally normal.
  13. Chimera

    TKR Chimera's Recovery

    Greetings everyone! I am so grateful to have found you all at this wonderful forum. I am 19 days out from my first TKR on my left knee. I spent one night in the hospital and was determined to be released the next day (that night was pretty traumatic for me - nurses, though very kind and...
Back
Top Bottom