Recent content by Chessie

  1. C

    THR Choosing a hip surgeon

    Perhaps it is specific to the doctor, but not sure. I was back in the gym 2 weeks and 2 days, after both of my replacements. (7 years apart for each hip, same surgeon). I rode 18 miles on the gym cycle the first night back at the gym. I was running 3 months after the first one, the second one...
  2. C

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Not exactly. Usually the anterior is a much faster recovery, because no muscles are cut - the muscles are "pushed around" for sure, but not cut. In a posterior procedure, the main incision is through the gluteus maximus, so the recovery usually is longer and often more difficult. Anterior...
  3. C

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Well that sucks. I would be "discussing" that as well!!
  4. C

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Socks. Well, I think it is a "just in case" for those few folks that really do have a hard recovery and cannot move around much. I was told to wear them all the time except at bedtime, for TWO WEEKS. Well that sounded fine except how the hell do they expect you to get them back on once you...
  5. C

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Glad you postponed. I think that was the smart thing to do. I hope your pain improves with the staples out. I wonder why some folks get staples and some just have glue? :chinstroke: Both of my surgeries had the incisions glued.
  6. C

    THR My 2nd hip, 7 years after the first one, recovery going well

    5.5 weeks out and feeling great. Went camping this long weekend and did no less than 12000 steps each day, and did over 15,000 yesterday. I did make sure to wear good shoes all weekend - that really helps. Lots of hills at the campground so lordy I got in a LOT of leg exercise. My son, my...
  7. C

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    I feel for ya on the constipation thing. I was happy that my Dr. preferred that his patients not take the percoset unless they really are unable to manage the pain without it. It never occurred to me that I would NOT need it and actually would be able to do without, as this is my 2nd...
  8. C

    THR My 2nd hip, 7 years after the first one, recovery going well

    Thanks - I want to be clear, I am careful and do not attempt anything that feels unsafe or unsteady. I am not trying to encourage anyone to do anything that they should not be doing - I really want to make that clear. Everyone recovers at their own individual rate and should listen to their own...
  9. C

    THR My 2nd hip, 7 years after the first one, recovery going well

    4 weeks and 3 days out. Still have a small amount of tenderness/discomfort when standing up from sitting for a while, and taking initial steps. But today it seemed to be less, I'm sure it will get better as time passes, I am just so impatient! I got back on my assault bike (stationary bike)...
  10. C

    THR My 2nd hip, 7 years after the first one, recovery going well

    I slept on my surgical side last night. No issues at all!! :yay:
  11. C

    THR My 2nd hip, 7 years after the first one, recovery going well

    You mean on your stomach? I had no problems doing that either (was not a no-no for me) after I was sleeping in my bed. I did sleep in a recliner sofa for the first 6 nights I think. But man it was heaven once I was sleeping in my bed.
  12. C

    THR My 2nd hip, 7 years after the first one, recovery going well

    That IS odd. I have never had any issues sleeping on my back, at all, with either surgery. My legs don't (and never did) "roll inward" as they are suggesting. Never had any issues getting twisted up with pillows either. I was told I could sleep on any side I wished - whatever was...
  13. C

    THR My 2nd hip, 7 years after the first one, recovery going well

    Thanks Layla. I have not had to ice in quite a while now, have had no issues at all with swelling either. And honestly hardly any bruising. There was a slight bruise the first week, but it was gone pretty quickly. I went home with no restrictions. I have slept with a body pillow for...
  14. C

    THR My 2nd hip, 7 years after the first one, recovery going well

    3 weeks and 3 days out. Went to the park with BF yesterday - he ran 9 miles, I walked 3, and felt pretty good. That's the furthest I have walked in one shot. Probably the hardest thing was getting in his darn truck - he has this teeny little step and his truck is tall enough I have to pull...
Back
Top Bottom