Recent content by Chelseakev

  1. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    So second week back at work and it has so helped with my sleeping. Knees are doing ok just very stiff.
  2. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    So I managed to finish the whole week at work Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm every day. And honestly it's been ok I think I've benefited through having some brain stimulation during the days. As I am getting a better night's sleep. I haven't really struggled pain wise it's just been the tightness...
  3. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    So I'm going back to work tomorrow which I am now quite looking forward to, to be honest. In general I've been feeling ok things are starting to get back to some level of normality. Just a bit curious so have got a question for the more experienced members on here. What can I expect over the...
  4. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR done on Dec 2, 2016<

    @hope4clay stay strong clay both in mind and the physical dive of things. I am half way through my 11 week and it has been a tough recovery. The ups and downs are everyday I've really had some moments when I've thought have I done the right thing by having the operation. This forum has been...
  5. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    @DebM all the best for your op I'm not going to lie it has been a real struggle at times. I feel as if I am eventually turning the big long corner I have been on the last few weeks. I have gained some of my independence back now as well. It's a tough journey but stay positive have a good...
  6. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    So been to see the physio today and she has told me I don't need to go back. ROM is 0 degrees of extension and 120 degrees of flexion. She has asked me to start doing some 40 min walks at a decent pace as to build up my stamina for when I return to my job full time. It has been a bit of relief...
  7. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    @Celle thank you for your reply I'm really hoping that returning to work will help with the sleeping. The broken sleep is really nagging me at the moment. Oh what I would do for even 4 hours unbroken sleep.
  8. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    Quick update. Had quite an eventful day yesterday me my wife and our five year old daughter had a day out at Brighton West Sussex. This was probably the longest period I have been on my feet since my op. I did take my crutches and used them in the later part of the day. First off we had a...
  9. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    My first update for a while hope all of you had a good new year. I went out with my wife to see in the new year with friends. I did indulge in some alcohol and was out from about 8 pm I was on my feet for probably the longest amount of time since my op. Come 11:50 pm I was struggling and hit a...
  10. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    I have seen posts saying that people have used Epsom salts whilst bathing does this help?
  11. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    @mbrown I'm still having this tightness and have been told by the PT that it is quite normal and it will subside. It very frustrating tho as it's easing off on my left knee but the right is still very tight. I think personally that I'm at that stage now where my progress is going to be monthly...
  12. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    @KarriB I have spoken with my manager today. I do security work and it's shifts 4 days on 4 days off 4 nights on 4 off 12 hour shifts. He has offered me a position for when I return which would be helping him out in the office. This will be a lot easier for me and then if needed after that I...
  13. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    Hi everyone, So I am now just into week nine post op and the recovery is slowing some what. I have seen that this could be the case tho so I am not overly concerned. I believe that you start seeing improvements monthly rather that daily/weekly. Frustration is my biggest enemy at the moment...
  14. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    @KarriB I've just been trying to go with the paracetamol for two nights but it's been hard. So am giving the tramadol a go tonight the doctor said I can still take the paracetamol along side it. @Red's Mom I have got the luxury of being able to lay on my stomach and this does ease it some...
  15. Chelseakev

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks in

    Thank you @Pumpkln I have read through both of them and will give it a go if I'm still struggling. The lady at the chemist told me to rub voltoral over my legs to help ease the RLS. Did try this last night but wasn't sure if it done anything really. @KarriB I have just got my gel ice packs...
Back
Top Bottom