Almost a whole year since I've stopped by! I guess that's a good thing in the grand scheme of life. I saw an email about the new site and wanted to check it out. I hope you all are doing well and helping and encouraging so many people recovering with new knees. Take care! Happy Summer!
Hi Bonesmart friends!! Okeee ROM question. I did a floor workout this morning and was surprised by some things. Have you found that some positions you have better ROM than others? For example, 1.) I can stand with my back to a counter and put the top of my foot back up on the counter and dip...
Good morning, BoneSmart friends! Just checking in to say hello! I continue to be so thankful for this forum and the amazing information you all have and the support during knee recovery.
My ROM has improved so much. It's still not exactly like it was before, but I can get up out of low pool...
Thank you everyone! I never got any bending warnings from my OS or PT but honestly don't recall asking my original OS (remember he was so horrible and the new one I didn't think to ask about kneeling at my 6 mo check). I need to leave that Facebook group. hahaha!
Hi BoneSmart friends! Just wanted to share that we just returned from a week at the Outer Banks NC. It was wonderful. My knee didn't give me any trouble on the almost 5 hr long drive and I was intentional to go easy in the sand. The house we rented had lots of steps (4 flights) and by mid week I...
Yes we did! You’re right there water lots of tears! We made it! I am the worst! I read your reply a couple weeks ago and thought I responded and see that I didn’t! I’m so sorry. You’ve been so helpful and kind to me so much and I shouldn’t wait so long to respond to you. ♥️♥️
Hi everyone! Month 7 coming up and my ROM is better than ever AND some of the numb spots are thawed out!! (I really wonder if the prenatal vitamins the ENT has me taking for nerve damage is helping or if it’s just coincidence). I’m so thankful and I so wish I had met you all sooner so I’d never...
Your poor knee! I know exactly what you mean. I've struggled so much with inflammation and swelling too. That calf muscle pain is so annoying and an unusual feeling. I am glad you are getting relief!
@Layla I'm so sorry for replying so late. If you haven't added it as a topic of discussion yet, just wanted to share that it may be helpful to know that the ENT said he's seen this time and time again with patients who are overall healthy, with no recent major illnesses, "young", and have no...
Hi Dawn! My ROM regressed when I followed my PT's instructions for at home PT. I saw her once a week in an office and she never pushed me to any pain while I was there (it was always after haha!). I followed all instructions for at home PT and was is constant pain and anxiety. My ROM regressed...
@JusticeRider Hi friend! How are YOU doing? I believe you didn't have rom issues with your recovery. Am I remembering that right? I had my 6 mo followup on Tuesday and my ROM is around 110-115 and continues to improve as swelling subsides. I am still numb on the right side of my knee cap and...
Hello Bonesmart friends! I'm sorry for being MIA. We were so sick in January again. I had an ear infection for two weeks and had fluid on my ear that wouldn't dry up. It finally cleared up after a few days after finishing prednizone. How are ya'll?
Wanted to share that I saw an ENT about my...
Hey BoneSmart, I was reading through my Aftercare notes from Physical Therapy and wanted to share ROM progression before and after following gentle approach to recovery.
8/31 TKR surgery I was released with ROM of 120. (Discharge PT let me walk to the end of a long hallway, did leg raises and...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.