Recent content by cheddarveil

  1. cheddarveil

    THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

    Hi Diane...I am so sorry you are having so much discomfort. I had my THR on Nov. 25, and within a week had 'fired' my in home phys. therapist. I was in so much pain, but the new therapist was so much easier to work with. I became quite vocal about the pain and she backed off or modified...
  2. cheddarveil

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    I can't believe it has been 4 months since surgery. The pain is definitely related to the weather..if it is warmer than 50 degrees f, I have ZERO pain. So I finally am at a point where I am happy I had the surgery. This has been a long and painful winter. The downside right now is I developed...
  3. cheddarveil

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    It's just 10 weeks since surgery, I'm back to work full time, and other than having a lot of pain when it is really cold (like below zero cold) or being really stiff if I sit for more than 30 minutes, I am doing much better than I was even 2 weeks ago. But now my knee on the same side is...
  4. cheddarveil

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    Thanks, Jacey....yes, I am taking Tylenol Extra Strength by the clock, and my Nabumetone as prescribed. I also take a hydrocodone if needed, which is about 1 every few nights if my leg is spasming to where I can't sleep. These do seem to do the trick, as does applying heat. I will be working 4...
  5. cheddarveil

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    Tomorrow is the 7 week mark for me. My 6 week exam and X-Rays were great, and my doctor is very pleased with my progress. I am cleared to return to work half time tomorrow. The excruciating muscle spasms are now gone, and have been replaced by mild to moderate muscle spasms that are...
  6. cheddarveil

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    Thanks Jacey......the only time the leg feels good is when I am in the shower. At PT today they hooked me up with some electro- stimulus machine and put a moist hot pack on it. It felt pretty good until I got outside where the 15 degree weather didn't help it any. I cried like a baby at PT, I...
  7. cheddarveil

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    I just got through 2 very long and uncomfortable days. It seems my quad muscle is SUPER angry at me, and is so tight and spasming that I thought I would be sick to my stomach I hurt so badly. I requested a refill for the pain meds on Monday since I knew I would run out over the holidays. Still...
  8. cheddarveil

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    Yay!!! A fellow Wisconsinite and hippie! Congrats on your 1 year anniversary. This time of year just plain scares me, so the less I am out in the snowy and icey weather, the better I feel. So we'll have Christmas in January; how nice will that be! Here's to a much better and healthier New Year!
  9. cheddarveil

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    Mon, Dec 23 will be 4 weeks since my THR. I am walking in the house as of yesterday as much as tolerated without a crutch or cane. Each week as the degree of difficulty in PT exercises has increased, I have had to increase my pain med dosage for a few days, until the discomfort wears off. I feel...
  10. cheddarveil

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    You all are truly a God send. I ditched the PT guy and my Dr wrote outpatient PT orders. I have had 2 sessions with my new therapist and the time soent is quality time, complete with goals and new exercises that are really helping with strength and balance. I am seeing a pattern to the pain...
  11. cheddarveil

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    It's been 9 days since surgery. Came home on day 3, had home PT on day 4 and again yesterday. I am beginning to note an increase in anxiety levels on my in-home PT days, as my BP and pulse rates are elevated on those days. My vitals while in hospital were perfect, and now on PT days, they are...
  12. cheddarveil

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    I am about 8 hours into life with a new hip. Yay! Got up and spent time trying to urinate, so far no luck. Pain is all surgery pain. Felt better being up. And my claustrophobic concerns are of no consequence. I am so happy to have found this group!! Thanks for the encouragement!!
  13. cheddarveil

    The Big Day is Almost Here

    Oh Tibs, thanks for the encouragement. Philipians is my favorite book in the Bible. I will keep that verse going through my head and heart. Best of all to you. Our graduation day is soon upon us. Can't wait to catch you on the other side.
  14. cheddarveil

    The Big Day is Almost Here

    Tomorrow at this time I will have made my way to the post-op recovery phase of the hip replacement. I am anxious but mostly in an anticipatory way. I did start having those evil panic attacks about 2 nights ago in the middle of the night, already dreading the compression pump and TED stockings...
  15. cheddarveil

    2013 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    Amen to that, Yes!! The trade off of no more pain in lieu of being home for Thanksgiving is more than worth it. I am scheduled for my new hip on Monday and will be going home on Thanksgiving day. We are having Thanksgiving today, and the turkey is in the oven right now. Keeping you in my...
Back
Top Bottom