Recent content by chaosong

  1. C

    New to the forum, 1st THR scheduled for July

    Hi eveyone. Thanks for checking in. Bill, so pleased you're home and doing well. :) My surgery went great! Unfortunately, my recovery was miserably derailed by a night floor nurse, though--who for some reason felt I was magnifying my pain levels to obtain pain medicine that I didn't need. Was...
  2. C

    New to the forum, 1st THR scheduled for July

    Scheduled for 2:00 p.m. this afternoon....
  3. C

    Scared but excited.

    Best of luck to you! Sending good thoughts your way. Looking forward to hearing from you post-op. :)
  4. C

    New to the forum, 1st THR scheduled for July

    @fulafoto Hi Bill! Sorry, I didn't see that you had left a message--for some reason no email was sent (or if it was, I missed it). Thanks for checking in; it's good to hear from you. :) Yeah, it's been a rough couple of weeks, even with having taken off work a week earlier than planned. I'm...
  5. C

    Venowave, anyone?

    Thanks, @frieds--very good to know. I have a pre-existing condition, but it is pretty much under control and has nothing to do with circulation, anyway. So possibly the aspirin and stockings will suffice. :)
  6. C

    New to the forum, 1st THR scheduled for July

    Thanks, everyone. Getting closer! I'd intended to work up until July 4, then have the long weekend to prepare, but I'm afraid I may have to stop work a week earlier. Between a) my current level of pain and b) the meds I'm taking for it, I'm not being as productive at my job as I should be...
  7. C

    Venowave, anyone?

    Hi @Michka5, and welcome! July 1 is coming up quickly, hmm? Or maybe not quickly enough? (I'm scheduled for July 8, and how I feel about the time-frame seems to vary by the minute...) Glad you asked this, thank you! I am not on any blood-thinners or other pre-op precautions, either, and I've...
  8. C

    introduction, happy to meet you!

    Hello and welcome, @newLifeX2! Bonesmart is a great place for folks looking for information...or support from others with similar stories, or just a bit of reassurance to calm their nerves. I need a double-hip replacement, also--most likely from lupus, I'm told. Not as tough on joints as RA...
  9. C

    Hip replacement in November

    Wow, that's handy. Thanks, @zauberflöte! And welcome, @Gilly! I am waiting to get my left hip done on July 8 (also my first surgery, and there are others here who are in the same boat), and am also very nervous. Strangely, I'm not really worried about anesthesia, or infection, or scarring...
  10. C

    Anterior Approach this time, On 26 June

    Good luck, and hoping that will go smoothly! Looking forward to hearing about your progress on the post-op forum. :)
  11. C

    New to the forum, 1st THR scheduled for July

    Hello again. @Poppet, thanks for the excellent nutritional info. That will all come in handy! And thanks for the comments, @fulafoto. I am really looking forward to that shiny new hip! (Well, hips, to be accurate!) Still scheduled for July 8, and these couple of weeks are going to seem...
  12. C

    Later afternoon operation?

    Good luck, Mark--we will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts. Looking forward to hearing about how much better you feel after. :)
  13. C

    It's time....

    The big day--hooray! Good luck...we are all sending good and healing thoughts your way. Looking forward to hearing all about it. :)
  14. C

    Having bilateral THR soon, anyone w/ lupus or fibromyalgia?

    Hi Elsie. I have SLE , bone-on-bone and the beginnings of necrosis in both hips, but am waiting for my first hip replacement on July 8...so I am wondering the same things you are! If anyone with more experience answers, you can be sure I'll be listening closely! If it helps any, from what...
  15. C

    New to the forum, 1st THR scheduled for July

    As always, thanks all, for the kind and encouraging responses. But...even though I've started exercising a bit, I seem to have gained another five pounds! Exactly opposite of my intentions. Good grief. :umm: Until this spring, I'd been holding stead around the same weight for several years.
Back
Top Bottom