Recent content by chalcedonian1

  1. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Looks like maybe a revision will be needed...

    @Fit4Family Just popped on in the middle of my social distancing during this wild pandemic, and saw your post. Thank you for your kind words. I will check on your thread later to see how you are doing. I am pleased to report that my hip continues to be functioning well, and I am still...
  2. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR A new year and new hope: revision for loosened THR

    @prairienut Just saw you had your surgery---congratulations! Wishing only the best for you. I hope you are able to follow the precautions mentioned on this site many times about PT, pain meds etc. I am the poster child for a good revision which was needed almost immediately from my first...
  3. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Looks like maybe a revision will be needed...

    Hello everyone, Thank you for the well wishes! I am doing really well, I have very little to no pain. The slight pain is when I might overdo slightly, but my tolerance is increasing, as in, the more I do, the more it takes to trigger anything. It is truly a miracle to me. I never expected...
  4. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Continuing thigh pain from failed osteointegration?<

    @TerryB_TX I am delighted to hear how well you are doing and that you have a PT group that is helping you and making sure you do not overdo. Two miles every other day is really impressive--I am not up to those numbers but also doing well with walking, the elliptical, etc., some weight...
  5. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Continuing thigh pain from failed osteointegration?<

    @TerryB_TX I couldn't be more thrilled for you. Sounds like you have made significant strides in your recovery! Being more active does make me more tired too and that is a welcome feeling. I don't like feeling so unproductive myself, and sitting around doing nothing is just depressing. I...
  6. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Looks like maybe a revision will be needed...

    Layla, Mojo333, TerryB_TX Here I am! Life has been very busy here, and I have been thrown into it full throttle. Sorry to have been off the boards with no responses to anyone. I just saw my revision surgeon a day ago, new xrays were taken and my revision is rock solid. The bone is doing...
  7. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Continuing thigh pain from failed osteointegration?<

    @TerryB_TX I was actually laughing a little bit at your last full paragraph about healing your attitude...thanks for writing that and I can understand, and I do share, your frustration. Your determination to get this right and your wish to return to a full life are in a slight conflict right...
  8. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR In the waiting<

    @Break2 Yours is quite a story. I am so sorry that one slip has caused a number of other life issues to come to the fore. A couple of thoughts: you might consult with a personal injury attorney on your slip and fall if it was at a commercial establishment. If there was negligence in not...
  9. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Continuing thigh pain from failed osteointegration?<

    @TerryB_TX You've got to just love @Josephine! I think the most important thing you can do for yourself is to really, truly accept and acquiesce that you will be lying around a lot more than maybe you originally anticipated, as annoying as that is! And remember Josephine's words that your...
  10. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Continuing thigh pain from failed osteointegration?<

    @TerryB_TX Your post, and my driving for an hour in the car yesterday on my own, just triggered a memory after my anterior hip surgery. I started driving, I think, around 6 weeks from my first surgery. Unfortunately, after 20 mins I had insufferable burning pain down the outside of my right...
  11. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Looks like maybe a revision will be needed...

    @Hipster63 I think buying the Ossur Cold Therapy unit is a great decision. I am still using mine even at 7 weeks, not because of swelling but because I want to keep inflammation minimized especially if I "exert" myself (I put that word in quotes, because I still have a way to go in my healing...
  12. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Continuing thigh pain from failed osteointegration?<

    @TerryB_TX Glad to hear you are icing all the time--I am STILL using the Ossur and my hip is definitely thanking me. I experienced very little swelling I think as a result of using it. Glad to hear you will follow BS protocol too on PT. I had to go to a 4 hour meeting tonight where no...
  13. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Continuing thigh pain from failed osteointegration?<

    @TerryB_TX Glad for you that you will soon be on the other side, working on getting to where you could only before dream you might ever be. As you know I am just about 7 weeks ahead of you and the first few weeks really do fly by. There is such a good chance this will work out well, and...
  14. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR Looks like maybe a revision will be needed...

    @Layla You are so right. I am definitely feeling an uptick in energy and stamina--I was going all day today since early this morning and just got in--no nap, did not need to lay down to rest, and went out to dinner with our son. I might be tired tomorrow but it was a very good day. @Mojo333...
  15. chalcedonian1

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    @zinnia You are incredible. You were so instrumental in getting me to a point where I could accept the fact of my revision and that there was a chance I actually might be better afterwards. Thank you so much for that! When you are flying off to NZ, I hope you are able to reflect on how many...
Back
Top Bottom