Recent content by celynda

  1. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    I can’t believe it’s been 18 months since my last post. Fair warning: this is mostly a rant… My knee is acting up. It is painful if bent too far and I have pain frequently when walking. I bought a new walker and rollator from Wonder by Stander. The walker collapses similarily to an umbrella...
  2. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    Wow, I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since my last update. All of the open sores on my incision have healed which is great. I’m back to work full-time since Aug 2024. The job is going great and I know I am adding value. The money is great so my stress level is greatly reduced. I’ve even...
  3. C

    Revision TKR Counting Down to 2nd TKA Revision

    @catsarecute123!, I am VERY pleased with my experience with Dr Chalmers and HSS. Yes, he’s young but he has lots of experience and is supported by the world-class HSS team. I have no hesitation about recommending him. He listened to all my concerns and was upfront and honest at all times. I...
  4. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    October Update - The foot fracture is healing well and I can walk without pain. Yesterday I lost my balance and fell for the 8th time this year. Man, this falling thing is getting old. Fortunately, I've been very lucky and for the most part only injured my dignity and pride. Today I signed...
  5. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    Ooops, they were in 2023.
  6. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    @Layla, could you please add 2024 to the first three lines of my signature? thanks
  7. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    It’s been a busy six weeks since my last update. The wounds are just about healed (YAY). There was a mental health component. My MH meds have been adjusted. Aug 25 marked the one year anniversary of the infection related surgeries. I started a new job Aug 12 and am really excited. I’m working...
  8. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    I am still bad about picking at the open wounds although they are gradually healing. I’m still resting, elevating, and icing as it’s so very easy to overdo. I’ve not fallen in several months which is a major blessing. My knee buckles at the 2-3 times a week but I’ve been able to catch my self...
  9. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    A couple of updates. The Doxy caused some discoloration on my upper teeth near the gum line. This is a known side effect in children but I guess it can happen to adults. So, we changed to cefadroxil. It’s been awhile since I’ve had pills this large. Good thing, I don’t mind them. I started...
  10. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    Xray completed today. I sent the images to OS. According to the report in the EMR, the x-ray didn’t show anything significant. So, it’s just a soft tissue injury requiring rest, ice, NSAIDs and elevation. Glad to learn it’s nothing serious so now I just rest. What fun!!!
  11. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    @Jamie, thanks for the quick response. The two angry sores closer to my ankle are actually closed up and healed. I’m doing better about covering the ones right under the knee. I will send the OS the pix and get an xray to confirm. Thanks for keeping after me
  12. C

    TKR Surgery June 4 (scared)

    Having a knee replaced is one of the most frequently performed operations and the surgeons take a lot of precautions to prevent complications. Is there a particular complication you’re especially worried about? Please review the articles and posts Jockette left for you. They are chock full of...
  13. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    So it’s been almost a week since the fall on the operated knee. I sent a note to OS who said to elevate, ice, add NSAIDs and rest. All of which I’ve done. The knee is still painful when bearing weight and the swelling hasn’t really improved. The OS offered xrays if symptoms continued. Since...
  14. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    May 15 Update after seeing the ID and OS yesterday at UVA. ID - As I don’t have any symptoms of an active infection and no surgery is planned, the ID discharged me. I am to take the Doxy forever. the ID is calling my primary provider to make sure she’ll continue to write the RX as she was...
  15. C

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    1 April Update - heard from HSS and met with UVA doc last week. No changes to treatment or surgery planned until/unless I have active infection symptoms (which I currently don’t have). The OS did order an ultrasound to evaluate the abcess under the Gastroc flap. I’m working on getting this...
Back
Top Bottom