Recent content by Ceegee

  1. C

    TKR Ceegee's recovery

    I don't visit the forum often, but have come to report on progress. It's now two-and-a-half years since my TKR, and things continue to go well. I've had various aches and pains in all my other joints, in particular the non-TKR knee (see video below), but they have all resolved now. I think...
  2. C

    Revision TKR My Revision June 5, 2020

    I can tell you that I am almost two years post-TKR and still have occasional problems with tendons and ligaments. My old, arthritic knee was permanently bent for many years, and when the new, straight, artificial knee was installed, everything around it had to adjust. It was (is) a very long...
  3. C

    TKR 4 weeks post op and need encouragement

    The four/five week period of recovery is difficult - I remember being a bit discouraged too. The first weeks really are brutal. However, in my case by far the most difficult aspect of the recovery was the medication. I didn't tolerate oxycodone well: it made me weepy, depressed and anti-social...
  4. C

    Home Alone After Surgery

    I did outpatient surgery (no overnight stay at the hospital) and live in a 2-storey house: bedroom and bathroom upstairs, living area and kitchen downstairs. Before the operation, I installed grab bars and raised toilet seats in the bathrooms, plus a chair near the shower, and I put away all our...
  5. C

    TKR Cycle again?

    It's still early days yet. The exercise bike helped a lot with my recovery. I remember starting by moving the pedals back and forth until my knee would bend enough to do full rotations. And to answer your question, yes, you will be able to cycle again. I was able to get back to competitive...
  6. C

    TKR Pain one year post op

    As someone told me after my TKR: the new joint will be good, but the surrounding muscles and ligaments will need a bit of convincing. I'm 20 months post-op and am still improving. It's a very long recovery process.
  7. C

    TKR Never satisfied PT office

    IMHO there's far too much focus on numbers and not enough on functionality. I'm 20 months past my TKR and my ROM has settled at around 120 degrees. Doesn't sound like much. But I can hike 10 miles over rough, hilly terrain, I can jog, I can run upstairs two steps at a time, I can compete at...
  8. C

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    IMHO there's far too much emphasis on numbers and not enough on functionality. I, too, have never been a very flexible person. I'm now 20 months post-operation and have about 120 degrees of range. However, I'm fully functional: can walk and run, can compete in agility with my dog, can hike on...
  9. C

    Posting links to videos

    Thank you! I think the problem may have been with my computer. The links I posted are all working again today.
  10. C

    TKR Ceegee's recovery

    @Jockette, he'd love to come and visit you! Seriously, for a couple of minutes I really thought he'd done some serious damage. It was such a relief when I got up out of the chair and realized he'd actually resolved a problem ...!
  11. C

    TKR Ceegee's recovery

    I'm back for a visit and update! It's been 20 months since my TKR, and things continue to go well - somewhat better, I'm glad to say, than was the case when I last visited the Forum four months ago. At that time I was experiencing pain behind the TKR knee when putting weight on it with the knee...
  12. C

    Posting links to videos

    Hi there, In the past I've been able to post links to videos hosted on YouTube, but these links no longer work. Is there some way to repair them? Thank you!
  13. C

    TKR Thatlldo's recovery thread

    I'm running AAC. The knee is fine - not much bend (between 115 and 120), but very functional and strong. I feel it's doing ok, given the fact that I'm not 30 years old any more. You seem to be doing really well. I remember those stepping exercises and should probably start doing them again!
  14. C

    TKR Ceegee's recovery

    I had x-rays and ultrasounds. I also spent an hour with the surgeon's physiotherapist, trying to isolate the reason for the pain. The surgeon thought an MRI would have been useful but not indicated for a replaced joint. There is nothing physically wrong with the artifical joint or with the way...
  15. C

    TKR Ceegee's recovery

    I wonder if this is a "thing" with some replacements? I feel I did everything right, and I'm sure you did too, but that particular issue hasn't gone away. I mentioned it to the surgeon at my 12-month visit, and we did a ton of diagnostic tests that didn't produce an answer. It's a bit more...
Back
Top Bottom