Recent content by Cas

  1. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    @Jaycey hi. have been struggling a bit lately with trapped nerve and the meds they gave me for the pain also made my blood pressure go through the roof so am weaning off it and BP is steadily going down to normal. Back is just the same but there is nothing except painkillers that can be done for...
  2. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    TWO YEAR UPDATE Two years on and my hip is doing great. Can do everything I could before my hip rebelled!! No pain there and I truly do forget I have a replacement. Nowadays I don't even think twice before I do things. I do have pain in other places but nothing to do with my hip and am battling...
  3. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    @Jaycey my GP says its prob due to the fact that everyone is trying to cut costs at mo. Also the cut off point for surgery is 55 BMI. Mine is 54 so I am under the cut off point. He will send me back to the neuro surgeon if I want. Just worrying now about the op and where the incision is as there...
  4. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    Hi all have seen the surgeon and he advises conservative care. I.E. pain killers untill the problem gets worse. So no surgery yet. I have had more injections in my back but they have not worked as good as the last lot. Am resigned at the moment to using a wheelchair and mobilty wheelchaire to do...
  5. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    have an appointment with the neuro sugeon on Monday so will let you know how I get on
  6. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    Hi all am now training my dogg to walk beside a wheelchair - oh what fun!! LOL. We can now walk a few yards without him flying off to investigate a new smell with me in tow:dogwalk:. At least we are only practicing in our courtyard and not subjecting the general public to the terror:dogsniff...
  7. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    @Krista So lovely to hear from you again. Am so sorry you are still in so much pain. I know all about the hobling about on sticks LOL we tend to look like wobbly crabs!!!!! Or at least I do. Still doing as much walking about as I can so as not to seize up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter is off...
  8. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    @Jaycey thanks for the info. That would be a much better price! Will find out today , hopefully.xxxxxxx
  9. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    @Bionic thanks for the info. Thought it might be about that but it's better than waiting for months. At least I will know what they intend to do for me! Hope you get your ops soon as it really is a drag on you phisically and mentally. Have a great day. Thanks Carol
  10. Cas

    THR New worries at 14 months

    @C'mon Hello. So sorry you've been through so much. It must be so difficult to wait until novmber. It must seem ages away. It probably is just lack of use of the hip as 16 weeks in hospital is a long time. Please keep in touch with us. We will give you all the support you need. It's good to have...
  11. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    @Jaycey . Thanks for your post. I cut back on the gabapentin the last few days as I don't get a new prescription till monday How I am paying for that LOL! The pain is real bad but can survive till tommoro. Just goes to show they are doing the job of suppressing pain. The anti inflammatory does...
  12. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    @gertie Hi there nice to catch up with you again! Even if it's because we're falling apart LOL! so sorry you might need the other hip doing but I'd go for it. Just think no more pain, able to walk miles, do all the things that requires mobility. How I wish,hope,and pray I get that back. You have...
  13. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    @HorseyLady Hi there. I am sorry you're in pain. I know what severe back pain is like. I also had a bad riding accident that in later life has affected my hip and back. Oh how we pay for being reckless when we are young LOL! Am still reckless and frustrated at being unable to walk and get about...
  14. Cas

    THR Second one - hope it's better than the first

    @Bevlah Hi I also struggle with back pain. I went to Pain management clinic who put me down for injections in my back for trigger points. You can have as many as needed to relieve pain and it helps to get the muscles back to working properly without having the pain. I had two trigger points. It...
  15. Cas

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    @Mojo333 Hello. seem to be the last of my group! LOL! Thank you for your post. It helps to let off steam and Jacey has been a real rock. Hope it's ok to post on here although at the mo have no hip probs - I Hope!! Maybe I need the other one doing now????? That wouldn't phase me as everyone on...
Back
Top Bottom